U.S. Airforce

Myrodis19

I am trying to get into the U.S. Airforce and am wondering what you all think of it. I am going to be going for either Paramilitary or Combat Controller which the guy sugested to me. I want to start this thread to get both the good and bad about the Air Force and these jobs. Debate and discussion is awesome.

I am trying to get into the U.S. Airforce and am wondering what you all think of it. I am going to be going for either Paramilitary or Combat Controller which the guy sugested to me. I want to start this thread to get both the good and bad about the Air Force and these jobs. Debate and discussion is awesome.

My Dad used to be in the Air Force, and he's always said it was one of the best decisions of his life. He was debating which branch of the armed forces to go into, and he picked the Air Force because he could spend more time with us (family), and the overall "quality of life" was better. He had friends that chose the Navy, Marines, and Army and said they regretted it for the most part because the amount of time on duty was a lot more demanding than someone belonging to the Air Force. As for anything that's bad about the Air Force, I can only think of the common reasons that follow with any other branch. As for Paramilitary and Combat Controller, I really can't help you because I know nothing about them. But, by the way you explained it, you said that someone was recommending those two jobs to you? Personally, I was never a fan of anyone recommending me job ideas because no one knows better of what you'll enjoy doing in life but yourself. If you do follow up with the idea of joining the Air Force, I'd take time and come up with areas inside of the Air Force you'd be interested in. Being apart of the Air Force is an honor, and that's awesome you're considering joining it.