something story intensive

something story intensive please, something you have to reflect on and think about. something to get my head spinning, I've seen most of the standard more popular stuff. Subs are okay as long as they aren't to rapidfire, I don't want my eyes to bleed! oh and keep the recommendations coming, my thirst can never be quenched!!!

It's pretty mainstream so you've probably seen it, but I'm a big fan of Code Geass. Great story and characters. Especially good if you're into political philosophy. The ultimate head screw, to me at least, will always be Evangelion, but that's a love it or hate it series.

I sense a theme to Hicks rec's :P

But I'd definitely recommend GitS to anyone. Great story arc, good character developments and focus, graphics are what hooked me first time I watched it. Different from anything I'd seen before.

I'd also suggest Hellsing (inc OVA's ... darker and more intense) and Darker than Black (inc OVA's and II, they show a completely new side to the series main protagonist)

I've always meant to get into ghost in the shell but never got around to it, I'll definitely pick it up, oh and are they still working on the hellsing ovas? I've been waiting for that to be all wrapped up before giving it a go, otherwise I think the waiting would kill me!!! keep the recs coming, they are definitely apprediated.