Was Usopp right or wrong to challenge Luffy and why do you think that?

animenerd99

Firstly apart from the fact that Usopp is as usless as buggy the clown, weak as sin. The ship doesn't belong to him it Luffy's so him trying to act tough and getting his ass kicked in like one hit after spending hours booby trapping that area was beautiful. Also what the captain decides stands which is why Zoro got so pissed at everyone for trying to defend Usopp and saying Luffy is the one going too far.

that is very true

• 2 months later...

There are several way to look at this. As mentioned several times by others, yes Usopp was the one who always repared and took care of the ship, but this is because they didn't have a carpenter and Usopp, at the time, was the most able. Secondly, I understand that it probably had more value to Usopp because it was given to them by his friend, but, it was given to Luffy not Usopp. And, Luffy is the captain. Even by todays standars (in real life), if you work on a boat, even on an inland waterway like the Mississippi River; striking a captain is a federal offence. But, with all of this said, Usopp had one more reason to be more emotional about it than the others, the boat was probably a piece of home to Usopp. it was from his island and it was probably built there with wood from the trees there. With all of that being said, Usopp acted like a child who had his security blanked torn from his arms. Usopp should have been the man he always claims he wants to be and gave Merry a proper burial at sea. Although, it was cool how Merry came to save them in the end.

I believe that the reason for Usopp's behaviour, aside from his emotional attachment to the ship, was his fear of being left behind. He knew full well that he was the weakest/most expendable of the bunch and seeing the crew get over the loss of what they all considered to be a crew member scared him shitless. He was basically fighting for himself, trying to prove his worth. At least that's how I interpret it. :sure:

I believe that the reason for Usopp's behaviour, aside from his emotional attachment to the ship, was his fear of being left behind. He knew full well that he was the weakest/most expendable of the bunch and seeing the crew get over the loss of what they all considered to be a crew member scared him shitless. He was basically fighting for himself, trying to prove his worth. At least that's how I interpret it. :sure:

I can see how your point would be valid, didn't think of it from this point of view.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...