Shazi's Art School

Shazi

since my first tut worked out alright i'mma make one on how i transfer my drawings to digital art. starting with the lines

STEP 1:

using teh magic wand tool with the following settings

x5t3za.png

select the lines you wish to keep. assuming you inked you drawing with a fineline/felt tip pen proir to scanning

Step 2:

once selected go to edit > fill and will with black.

please excuse the really random image XD

142d95f.png

TIP: if your colour palatte isn't already, restore it back to black ad white by simply pressing b

Step 3: invert the selection (crtl+shift+i) and then edit > fill with white. this will remove all the sketchy lines that are left.

jfc935.png

Step 4:

Delselect (ctrl+d) and apply a gaussian blur (filter > blur > gaussian blur) of 1-2 pixels

4gq6b6.png

Step 5:

here comes the fun part. go to image > adjustments > curves or (ctrl+m) and apply something simmilar to this

aywtgp.png

TUP: if your gaussian blur was 2 pixels you may have to apply the curves twice

Step 6:

using the pen tool fix up any lines that dind't come out quite the way you wanted them to.

TIP: generally i draw the line with the pen and then stoke the path with a brush of 4 pixels

now you have your linart all clean

Step 7:

this step is entirely optional, though i reccomend it if you intend on working on the image a lot. again with the magic wand, select the lines and then press ctrl+j to duplicate the lines on a new layer.

you'll find that when you fill the colour on the layer underneath there is a white outline, to remove this select the line layer with ctrl+a and use the move too to ensure only the mines are selected and fill with black. then blurr to remove and harsh edges

2py3l1i.png

and theres my linart tut! hope you like it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...