Left of the Middle

The truth? well I'll go kinda easy on you since I'm just getting back into crits again.

First Sig.

Stock: Doesn't flow with the bg its kinda just there the colors match but its just standing there looking like you threw it there for the fun of it. It also is a overused stock and doesnt really fit into anything.

Text: You need text it makes the signature a sig.

Background: The flower things at the back are ugly and the odd smuges are way out of place.

To Improve: Go read up on some tuts for starters or for people who know what they are doing but not "pro" at it. dev art has some good ones if you look.

Second sig

k i cant say much about this one other then... it's bad. you have a stupid road flowing into this kids eye and the kid looks like G. Bush thats a def no no. the news paper is really umm bad.

to improve: try a way diffrent style. Read up on some tuts.

Wow you're the first person who actually gave me harsh credits! :D Gracias!

Though you don't have to put text to make it a signature. I'm pretty sure lots of people know that. I don't do tutorials, as i think it just makes people worse and you're not going to have originality to your work. Though that's just merely my opinion. I'm all self taught. And I actually do know what i'm doing to. lols See? Surreal art. I'm a graphics designer. lols Smudge? Oh! Those are clouds. luls. An honest mistake as it does looks like a smudge.

The second one is actually an art piece more then it is a tag. I just used a tags canvas size as the canvas size for this one. :D The little boy represents Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (young) and his older head shots behind him. The road is pretty much his path into the communist life. Pretty much it's saying how can a innocent little boy grow up to be the leader of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Cheezy, yes but gets straight to the point.

I know it was just your opinions but i was just clarifying some things for you though. And thanks again! I really appreciate it. :)

Nah tuts dont give u non originality it shows u how to begin then when u understand the program better you can go off and do your own thing.

Txt actually makes it a signature other wise its a tag signatures are actually your sign so to speak with gfx design its the same thing but u have artwork you did behind it.

The 2nd sig only you will know wtf its about to be honest I think its stupid but meh.

and the Clouds or smuge i honestly dont see the diffrence at this point, is still stupid. :D Boarders are good also, if there is one my bad its black then.

honestly... what happened man? back on SI you were putting out some awesome sigs! stuff that i got a little jealous about... but those just look nothing like what you had before...

tutorials do help you too. take a look at my gfx. i have done over 7,000 tutorials at pixel2life.com and look where it put me. i have yet to take a gfx design class where they actually teach me something new about photoshop and what it can do, and i have taken a total of 3 gfx design classes.

to osirus:

a sig does not have to have borders or text in it to make it a sig. it can just be a picture. however, the use of a sig is to recognize who a person is, hence the style of the sig, the text that represents a little bit about you, including your name, and the border. the border is only in place for the user's comfort about the sig and so you can see the sig on the skin of the forum -- acting like a barrier to separate color. without a border for a bright sig, it looks like the sig jumps out at you.

No se que paso! luls. Maybe i've been too busy making large canvas works that I'm no longer good at little canvases. Tid bit jealous of my cosas from SI? I always thought they sucked. Basically everything I made (tags and icons) i think they'd sucked. Rofl! Maybe I have gotten not good. Ah well. I still don't do tutorials and i've never had a graphics design class too. ;-; Gracias though!

I pretty much agree with all of the above, except with what Osirus said about tuts.

<--- Proud to be tut free (except for ones made). I think exploring photoshop is a much more valuable tool then a tutorial.

As for the sigs... I can clearly see what you were going for. The flat, cut-out style which you have gotten very good with. But with these, you didn't quite expand. And because you didn't it looks amateurish (which by no means you are)