Cosplay

ForgottenLove

Lol! I don't think there's an age where you should stop cosplaying. I change favorite characters pretty often or will carry a list of really cool or characters I'd like to cosplay as. I think it's cool to make an almost real life authentic cosplay of the character but it's mostly about having fun I suppose. I personally have only been to five or so conventions but I never really got into the events, I generally hang out in gaming and merchant rooms.

Age, actually I think its just one of those things that make each cosplay special; it really shouldn't stop you from having fun =) it's like relationships lol, it's just a number.

The way I see it. Its all up to what kind of cosply you do. Basically there are three kinds.

1.Creepy fat guy in a sailor suit.

2.The hobbyist who makes there own.

3.Or someone only wares a few cosply items all over the place. As in a hat or specialty piece.

If your a 1 just end it now.

If your a 2. When you can't hold the scissors any more or you have at least one grand kid.

If your a 3. Your never to old for a hat or simple piece of jewelry, you might as well be buried with it.

I have never cosplayed before but if I were to, I would use my strengths. I'm 6ft 6in tall, although I love Edward from FMA, I couldn't disrespect the character by oversizing him so much. I would probly dress as Alex L. Armstrong or as Alphonse. Same concept with shorter people. it's weird seeing a 5 foot tall Armstrong.

I'm kind of a perfectionist so I also wouldn't show up with a blue t-shirt and blue died pants and call myself Alex Armstrong. I would have to put alot of though and study the designs and characteristics of the person I chose to look like.

Age is Great as well. if you want to cosplay and you're 50 years old. Cosplay and King Bradley or if you're 14 go as Envy. 22 I think would make a good Roy Mustang or Maes Hughes depending on your build hehe

I think that as long as you really love something you should go for it. I've never actually cosplayed but you're still at a young enough age that it wouldn't be creepy to dress up. Plus it might be fun to make you're own costume and go to a convention! I agree with shadowtheman though and now I have that image of a fat guy in a sailor suit as well because I've seen the picture before. Trust me if you've ever seen it it's one of those things that you'll never get out of your brain!