FF8: Ultimate Weapons

Koby

I've been playing Final Fantasy VIII lately, and now I'm currently on disc 3 about to attempt to get Bahamut and Eden. xD However first I want to get the Ultimate Weapons. I have all the Weapon Magazine Monthly Issues, etc.. and I have most of the items needed for them however there is some I can't seem to find. I even looked at Walkthroughs from Gamefaqs but I can't seem to get the items from the monsters they say drop or can mug from them.

I need Dragon Fang x4, it says I can get from Blue Dragon lvl 100 on the Island Closes to Hell. But all I managed to get from the Blue Dragon are Dragon Skins not Fangs. O.o So how do I get them?

I also need Energy Crystals but I haven't tried getting them yet. I heard you can get them from some monsters on the Island Closes to Heaven. Is that right?

Then there is a couple other items needed, but can't remember them right now. I already have Zell's weapon.. but everyone else I still need to get. Any help is appreciated. xD

When it comes to getting items from monsters, either by them dropping them or by muggin them, there are generally a couple of items that they'll drop but the chances of each one occurring are different, i.e. some are rare, some are common like lots of other games. Try the Blue Dragons on Trabia Snowfield, there should be a 229/256 chance that they'll drop a Dragon Fang.

As for the Energy Crystals, I don't know about the Island Closest to Heaven, I always got them from battling Elnoyle in Esthar. If you haven't encountered him yet, he's a hunched over figure sitting on the edge of one of the walkways. If you can't find him, enter somewhere to reset the field and then go and look again. If you're at level 100 it should be a sure thing that he'll drop an Energy Crystal.

Squall is level 89 right now, Irvine level 69, Rinoa level 36, Zell level 32, Quistis level 33, and Selphie level 31. O.o Where exactly is Trabia Snowfield? I figure it's around Trabia Garden where the snow is.. but I spent like 30 minutes there trying to find one and never did.. O.o Elnoyle is inside the city right? Or do you mean in the overworld but still within the city looking crap? lol.. Outside Esthar (the city) roaming around I keep only running into I think its name is Mesmerize.. O.o Nothing else really seems to appear.

Elnoyle is actually inside the city. You have to talk to the shadowy, hunched over hobo person to fight him, but you can battle him as many times as you like.

The snowfield is just one of the snowy areas just outside Trabia Garden.

If you want to get your characters to level up very quickly, I suggest the Degenerator trick. Have Quistis learn Degenerator from a Black Hole item if you haven't already, get her to the point where she'll be able to easily access her limit break and, if you can, give her a GF with the Initiative ability. Then go to either the Island Closest to Heaven or the Island Closest to Hell and get into as many random encounters as you want. At the start of each battle, have Quistis use Degenerator to instantly kill all the enemies and you get mucho-big-heap EXP for the battle. The only downside is that this requires you to have Quistis in our party the whole time, as well as Squall so once they reach 100 you can only raise one other character at a time. The upside is that you can level up supremely quickly.

Levelling up gives you access to different items and spells from monsters, better ones mostly. As long as you junction you characters correctly it really doesn't matter what level you're at because you'll always be a lot stronger than your opposition, so you don't really need to worry about your opponents getting too strong. It is good to be able to get those items though. lol.