(HELP)Upgrading to Windows 7

apr118

Sorry I'm really a noob when it comes to this things.

So I have a F3Sa Asus Laptop. It's original OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. Yesterday, I downloaded an F3Sa Windows 7 drivers and a Windows 7 OS. Both 32bit and 64bit. I tried installing the OS (32bit because that's my original system) in UPGRADE mode. But after the compatibility check, it says that I must uninstall "Verisoft Access Manager" from the control panel. But nothing is there. I tried turning off my UAC but still, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with this or at least tell be how to uninstall the Access Manager? Thanks and sorry for bothering. I tried to find some answers in Google but they are not clear. :confuse:

Here is my screenshot if it will help:

problem.jpg

I would suggest that you install a fresh copy of windows instead of upgrading it

Here is what you need to do:

BUT BEWARE THIS WILL DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS WINDOWS AND EVERYTHING INSTALLED IN IT!

First of all - Move all your data you wanna save to any other drive (except the one one which windows is installed )

Next - When you are certain that there is nothing important left on you primary drive the partition on which you are going to install your windows boot your laptop from disk you should be able to see a boot option button when you turn on your Laptop with the disk already in it!

Now - enter all the details and move on to the next screen now select the drive on which the previous windows was installed and format it !!

and once that is done you should have no trouble during the rest of the installing process....

Personally i usually prefer a clean install like the one i mentioned cuz it rids you of allthe crapy stuff in you registry and makes you Pc just as brand new...

If you still have any questions im online feel free to ask me anything i got nothing better to do anyway so i might as well help someone out xD

I would suggest that you install a fresh copy of windows instead of upgrading it

Here is what you need to do:

BUT BEWARE THIS WILL DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS WINDOWS AND EVERYTHING INSTALLED IN IT!

First of all - Move all your data you wanna save to any other drive (except the one one which windows is installed )

Next - When you are certain that there is nothing important left on you primary drive the partition on which you are going to install your windows boot your laptop from disk you should be able to see a boot option button when you turn on your Laptop with the disk already in it!

Now - enter all the details and move on to the next screen now select the drive on which the previous windows was installed and format it !!

and once that is done you should have no trouble during the rest of the installing process....

Personally i usually prefer a clean install like the one i mentioned cuz it rids you of allthe crapy stuff in you registry and makes you Pc just as brand new...

If you still have any questions im online feel free to ask me anything i got nothing better to do anyway so i might as well help someone out xD

Download this program from Microsoft.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

It will tell you if you're computer is ready for Windows 7.

Thank You both especially to my Co-Rockstar (Anubis lol) and Flood.

I will try clean install right after I finish backing up my stuffs :D

As for the new member, Thank you for your suggestion I'll try that too!

Well, I'll post here if I'm successful to my attempt. Feel free to give more advice people. Though, I really prefer UPGRADE :)

Thank You both especially to my Co-Rockstar (Anubis lol) and Flood.

I will try clean install right after I finish backing up my stuffs :D

As for the new member, Thank you for your suggestion I'll try that too!

Well, I'll post here if I'm successful to my attempt. Feel free to give more advice people. Though, I really prefer UPGRADE :)

Give me exact details about your PC - which OS are you running, Like does it have a recovery disk and any rollback like system recovery like the one HP gives now a days .... Ill check in with my dad he is a wizard at this sorta thing!

And hows you head feeling did jumping of that stage leave a mark :D

Give me exact details about your PC - which OS are you running, Like does it have a recovery disk and any rollback like system recovery like the one HP gives now a days .... Ill check in with my dad he is a wizard at this sorta thing!

And hows you head feeling did jumping of that stage leave a mark :D

The installation was a success! I chose "Custom Install" and it turned out fine + I still have the "Windows.old" folder in case I want to roll back :D

I really appreciate all of your help everyone :D

@Anubis: Yep feeling better now let's rock again sometime :D