Crusader-0 Permission Changes.

Koby

I have to agree with shade on raising the amount of post. All it will really do is mean more pointless spam post that will need to be deleted. If someone is really out to get access to the downloads section they will spam until they get access or get are banned trying. I tried to get a friend of mine to join and he thought 5 was to much, especially when he was already a member of several other sites. I like Shazi's idea as well though, if people aren't being active then there really is no reason why they need to have access to the downloads section.

I think just offering a more friendlier place for people to hang out could help as well. Admins/Mods make or brake a site like this, if people see other people get slammed for asking simple questions they will be less likely to want to post themselves. I know it gets old having to answer the same questions over and over again but stickys and a good site faq/wiki could fix alot of the stupid questions. At the end of the day though you are still going to have to deal with people who ask the same old questions because they just don't see the search option or don't know any better. Lashing out at them will only drive them and maybe others away.

Another option would be to let non forum members see/join the CB chat discussions. Don't really know if they can do this already, but I know that when I'm not logged in that I can't see it at all. Other sites I visit let you see the chat box and login as guest to chat with some of the members to see if you get alone with anyone. The CB could be a great way for people new to the site to see what it is about and what kind of people are a part of it.

• 2 weeks later...