Manga that needs anime adaptation /Reboot ?

Dreadwyverne

On 7/17/2016 at 9:04 AM, WhiteThunder said:

For reboot i would nominate "Claymore". Loved the anime. Since the manga is now over. They need to start again.

Agreed. I really liked the manga, the anime was pretty good too until the last few episodes, then it was kinda "meh" for me (just my opinion of course). Would love to see a reboot similar to FMA:B for Claymore following the manga more closely.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.7.2016 at 0:55 PM, Jakers80 said:

Agreed. I really liked the manga, the anime was pretty good too until the last few episodes, then it was kinda "meh" for me (just my opinion of course). Would love to see a reboot similar to FMA:B for Claymore following the manga more closely.

I am currently re-reading Claymore, and agree with you guys that a Claymore-Reboot for anime would be awesome. If they stopped the anime one or two episodes earlier there would be no need for a reboot (since the first 24 episodes followed the manga almost perfectly), they could just continued where the story left off.

1 hour ago, Fishmonster said:

I am currently re-reading Claymore, and agree with you guys that a Claymore-Reboot for anime would be awesome. If they stopped the anime one or two episodes earlier there would be no need for a reboot (since the first 24 episodes followed the manga almost perfectly), they could just continued where the story left off.

Pretty true, the first 24 follows it decently close.. a couple little things here and there are changed, or omitted, but nothing really important to the core story. I don't really care how they go about it.. new complete anime, or cutting episodes 25 and 26 and starting from there.. I want to see Clare do her thing the way it is in the manga animated. Probably best to do a new anime though, it would be alittle difficult to match that animation from the original now, if it was the original 24, and then however many new episodes that look like a different style.. I wouldn't like that much. Just my opinion of course

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Code: Breaker.   Here you had a really popular for its time manga which had the potential to be a great popular action series for at least 5 seasons.  But after a faithful first episode it very quickly split off into its own direction rushing character introductions that weren't supposed to happen until much later and losing character development in the process (Prince in particular just showed up instead of being built up to like the manga.).  Some of the plot developments also would have seemed to ruin future plot points/twists...I mean the fake out heel turn in particular strikes too close to a later manga plot point....   Plus the ending seemed to actually kill someone who was ultimately the big bad at the end of the series...  On top of that I think the script dialogue kind of stunk with way too much repetition and the lead heroine in particular came off much whinier than her manga counterpart.  It's a shame this was such a mess that it only got one season as I think that first arc is by far the weakest/dullest one of the series and things get much more interesting once you actually introduce the likes of Emperor and President and the plot about controlling the nine flames.  It's sad that the silly short OVAs came closest to capturing the heart of the series that could have been....

• 1 month later...

I was talking with a friend recently about Rosario Vampire. 

I don't know what you guys think about it. But although I would love a reboot. I don't think it would work. The beginning of the Manga is just silly fan service. But as the story goes along it becomes serious and awesome. IF they did reboot it, the first season would kind of just be the first anime all over again, just with minor differences... One thing I think could work is if they just continue where they left off except retcon the non-canon stuff (if previous events were mentioned) and do the rest of the story. Because the stuff toward the end is indeed killer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...