No audio on NUC Windows 10

Moodkiller

Problem: 

NUC has no audio output through HDMI and 3.5mm jack and there is no playback or recording devices listed. 

Tried:

Uninstalling (with deleting) and reinstalling drivers from Intel's website as well as Realtek and Graphics drivers. The Realtek installation fails with an error code of 0xC0000347 - according to Google this happens when the driver is not windows certified, however the driver is (according the the manufacturers website). I tried re-installing the driver after enabling "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement", same error occured. I tried running all of the above as admin as well with no luck. I've run sfc /scannow which did find a few errors and fixed them, but still unable to install the drivers.

Device manager error messages are as follows for the Intel Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio devices:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.

The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).

{Unable to Load Device Driver}

%hs device driver could not be loaded.

Error status was 0x%x

Details:

It's a NUC5i3RHY - few months old. Oddly enough the audio was working in its first couple of days, but only for 15mins and then would stop, restarting it fixed it temporarily and then it would stop again.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Short of RMA'ing this thing, I'm at a loss. . . 

Well all I can say is, if it works in another OS i.e. Linux then it's most likely your drivers or software, if not then it's the hardware that is faulty.

So if it works on Linux, I did just take the easy route of reinstalling the whole Windows OS. Especially if you already tried many different methods etc. You could try deleting the driver + files off from device manager for both Intel and Realtek audio related devices, then let Windows install whatever driver it gets from their servers.

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the info x2.

I will try the live boot version of SytemRescueCD / one of my other linux versions.  

You could try deleting the driver + files off from device manager for both Intel and Realtek audio related devices, then let Windows install whatever driver it gets from their servers.

Method = Delete drivers (tick checkbox), reboot, and let Windows do its thing? 

Edit: If it is the above method, Windows comes back with the same error, I.e. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).

Edited by Moodkiller