Under the Dog

Koby

Under the Dog
JI0aJyn.jpg
MAL

Under the Dog takes place in 2025 in Neo Tokyo, five years after a devastating terrorist attack at the Tokyo Olympics. In the wake of the tragedy, the U.N. formed a covert ops unit dedicating to seeking out, then eliminating those responsible for the attack. Anthea Kallenberg, a girl of Swedish descent is a member of this elite group who has honed her combat abilities and has become a deadly assassin, but must come to terms as to who she really is.

• Like 3

'Under the Dog' Anime Project Streams New Trailer

The official website for the kickstarter-funded anime project Under the Dog began streaming a trailer on Monday. The anime is currently slated to debut in spring 2016.

https://vimeo.com/138494539

Producer Koji Morimoto commented that the new trailer features some settings and backdrops that were changed from the original pilot trailer (below) in order to better fit the original ideas of story-writer Jirō Ishii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN4apus2gA

The project aims to carry the tradition of older science-fiction anime titles such as Akira and Ghost in the Shell. The production team used Kickstarter in order to avoid the process of funding from production committees and therefore retain creative control of the anime. The project met its minimum US$580,000 goal on Kickstarter last September and eventually raised US$878,028 in Kickstarter pledges.

Masahiro Ando (Hana-Saku Iroha, Blast of Tempest) is directing the anime based on a story by Jirō Ishii (428: In a Blockaded Shibuya, producer on Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors). Yuusuke Kozaki (Fire Emblem: Awakening) is designing the characters, Kinema Citrus is in charge of animation, and Orange Co. (Ghost in the Shell Arise) is in charge of 3D CGI.

Kinema Citrus is now also managing the project after the departure of Creative Intelligent Arts (CIA) founder and CEO Hiroaki Yura, the original producer. Yura explained, "In order to comply with certain requests from members of the UTD creative team, and to deliver an unhindered product to our backers, CIA is hereby removing itself from the UTD project."

I've been dying to see this ever since they released that trailer/snippet so long ago. I'm glad it finally got the greenlight and will be going forward. \0/

I'm just sad it's only going to be like 25 minutes.
They wanted like 5x the amount of goal for a full-length film. :/

• Like 1

I've been dying to see this ever since they released that trailer/snippet so long ago. I'm glad it finally got the greenlight and will be going forward. \0/

I'm just sad it's only going to be like 25 minutes.

They wanted like 5x the amount of goal for a full-length film. :/

Wait, it's only going to be a 25 min ova?

Nooooooooooo

Though, would make sense because you'd need a lot more money for more length..

Depending how it does, they can probably make a film or whatever of it down the line if they ever get the money but then again, they'd definitely need a bigger company or someone to sponser them and that would entail giving up their creative freedom. =/

• 9 months later...

Turned out to be a nice OVA. Shame it didn't earn enough on Kickstarter for more. Would have loved to see it made into a full-length film like they mentioned they would have done if funds were about 5x what they ended up with. Unfortunately this is likely all we'll ever get of the series.