US Attorney Purge Scandel

Askio

What do you all think about this whole thing going on in the US. Just a brief summary for those that don't know about it....

In late 2006, 8 US Attorneys were removed due to what was reported by the White House as having 'bad performance'. An investigation later found that those 8 attorneys actually had very good records, and that very few people were displeased by them. Now it is believed by many that these 8 attorneys were removed due to political reasons of the Bush Administration. The White House has enacted a right call Executive Privelage, saying basically that they don't have to release any information to the public, making the truth hard to find.

Discuss your opinions. I already know quite a bit, but Im interested in the boards feelings over all, even if you aren't in America.

I have little to say that's on-topic since the government has been riddled with scandals and controversy since the beginning. If they were kicked out because they were generally against Bush or simply were of an opposing party regardless of their actual opinions, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

I just wanted to comment on "Im interested in the boards feelings over all, even if you aren't in America".

People from outside of the US comment on the US all the time. They don't need an invitation--they do it regardless. =P

People from outside of the US comment on the US all the time. They don't need an invitation--they do it regardless. =P

Yeah, your point?

If people outside of the American continent, no, out of America itself - like Brazil for example - comment on America regardless of invitation, then either they have fun with that, or they have a reason to it. Portugal for example. Generaly speaking, we pretty much wanna burn America down. Too bad we're about 1/50 of the size. And why the hell would we any country need 'invitation' to talk about another? Or people in general? wtf? XD

Who ever cares about other countries anymore? Let's not be hypocritical, if we all (Nations) had the power to, we'd nuke eachother out 'til we controled the whole world.

My two cents anyway.

'Yeah, but a lot of them also say "I dont care what happens in america. " Unless they are in Canada or something.'

Well, I generally don't hear that. Most debates I've seen, people comment regardless of whether the issue is specific to where they live or not.

"And why the hell would we any country need 'invitation' to talk about another? Or people in general? wtf? XD"

Did you even read what I wrote?

The OP mentioned that people outside of the US should comment--this is the invitation. I said that most people didn't need one because they'll do it regardless (though, as the OP said, some people wouldn't bother to comment if it doesn't really affect them, so I suppose that some of those same people would take the invitation to toss in their opinion if there's an expressed interest in them).

I'm not even trying to derail the thread--I said my paltry bit on the purge. I am so provocative--derailment skillz ftw--that you just completely ignored the OP and went on about my off-topic comment (that was mostly meant in jest, ffs--see the smily? But thanks, nice to know that you want me to die).

Anyway, so I can continue to hold onto the corner of the topic, I have a link.

Here.

Since the OP didn't really give much information and there are lazies out there.

The OP mentioned that people outside of the US should comment--this is the invitation. I said that most people didn't need one because they'll do it regardless

Missread, or missunderstood. Sorry 'bout that. ^_~'

(that was mostly meant in jest, ffs--see the smily? But thanks, nice to know that you want me to die).

Of course I do.