Playing MVK files on PS3!

Snake2142

Where you wanting to be able to play MVK files on your PS3?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Where you wanting to be able to play MVK files on your PS3?

• Hell yea!!!
    • No not realy.
    • i dont own a PS3 :'(

ok so ive been asking around and searching for a way to play MVK files on my PS3 & im happy to say ive found two ways (but im only stating one here cuz the other one sucked). "note ull have to have a computer and PS3 duh" lol follow these instructors.

1.make sure u have Media Sever enabled on your system! if u don't know how, go to Settings/Network Settings-Media Sever Connection and enable it.

2.go here and download one of the PS3 Media severs on your computer "get whichever one your computer runs(either Mac,Windows,XP ect).

3.after the install pull up Media Sever and go to the Navigation/share.

4.step 4 is adding the videos u want to Media Sever, at the bottom of the N/S screen ull see a place where it says Shared Folders, make a folder and put your MVK files in it and then pull up the folder on the SF screen. (u dont have to make a new folder for this but it might help)

5.back on PS3 go to video and search for Media Severs and u should find it. if not go to the help screen in MS (not Microsoft lol Media Sever duh) and see if u cant find out why ur not seeing it on you console! "Note" i had to make my computer enable UnPn (not sure what that is but hey its what i had to do) and i got my ps3 to find my MS.

6. your done, u can either watch it like that or even copy the videos over and have them play (not rly sure on that one buts it is a option on the PS3 to copy it)

ok your all set i hope this helps and leave a comment letting me know how u like it and if u need any help ill be happy to xD..

• 2 weeks later...
Funny, on mine all I had to do was run ps3mediaserver, and I could automatically browse the contents of my entire PC...

Was I supposed to set the folder, or was that a happy mistake?

no idk if it was a mistake or not but for me i have to put the folders i want to browse on to the mediasever lol...

I have this, but it sometimes doesn't work. Also, uPnP is Universal Plug-n-Play. It is usually used for networking. It is also one of the Networking protocols that the PS3 can understand. It can't understand a standard Media Server without having access to uPnP. When I said it sometimes doesn't work, it is because some files have variable frame rates. These don't work very well when streamed, using wireless at least.

@AaronScythe: If your files are in a Shared Folder, that is probably why you didn't have to set up a folder to use.