close calls

Stuy

this thread is about close calls (coming really close to death) by accidents or stupidity or lack of sleep or just having a really bad day...

it is not about anything you do DELIBERATELY

anyway here's mine it's bout lack of sleep btw this happened today

well what happed was

i was changing the shock absorbers on my friends car

i had only had 3 hours sleep the night before and only 2 the night before that also i had just gotten up... so i was pretty f**ked

so i got the shockies out with no problems

he was taking to me bout how many clamps i need on the springs (this was cause he new a bit bout mechanics)

the springs have bout a tonne of force behind them...

so as he was telling me this i took off the lock nut BEFORE putting on the clamps...

the nut hit me in the head fast and hard and the spring plate followed

i'v got quite the scar from this just above my eye...i was sooo lucky today

later in the day one of my friends (that's a mechanic) told me that if i had been hit ANYWHERE else other then that exact spot i would be dead or best case blind...

so yeh..that was my day and my nde (near death experience)

fun times... ^^

doesn't seem like you would have died, just would have been blind. Still bad though.

Most I can say is I have a nack for not noticing I'm on fire. Luckily i haven't been up in flames yet. I was doing some burning wax art and the flame was on my hands for a good minute. Mike says, "hey you know your hand is in the flame?" "oh" *moves hand out* "there we go".

But there was someone who died instead of me. It might have been me if i didn't put on my brakes and end up in the back instead of the front. He ended up beside a semi on our bikes. Hit his head, and fell to be crushed by the 2 ton tires. At lest it was his head that went and not his legs so he wasn't still alive seeing and feeling himself crushed.

i was on my way to pick up my missus from uni in bunbury when a semi ran the red light and slammed my car sideways before running over the cab.i managed to get into the pedal space while i was being pushed sideways. broke my arm, scalp cuts, and swallowed a fair bit of glass. spent a boring week in the hospital. i was all dressed up to suprise her and boy was she suprised XD.

great stories by the way. i seen a bloke put a holein his shed with a landy's shockies. you was lucky bro

Well, this happened when I was a baby, while my mother was still married to my father, one night he was stoned drunk as he always was (one of the "wonderful" things I remember him for) it was late and he wanted to drive to my uncle's house for a party(very far away) even though he was so drunk that he could barely talk(or cuss) properly, he insisted that me and my mother go with him. After much argument and possibly some violence(can't remember that well) He left me and my mother at home and went speeding of into the night. As luck would have it, he drove straight of a relatively high bridge and into a shallow river, The front of the car was surprisingly intact but the back where me and my mother would have been sitting was smashed completely and he walked out completely unharmed except for a few injuries and some glass stuck in his head. After that incident, that bridge has been closed and has stayed closed ever since.

Well, this happened when I was a baby, while my mother was still married to my father, one night he was stoned drunk as he always was (one of the "wonderful" things I remember him for) it was late and he wanted to drive to my uncle's house for a party(very far away) even though he was so drunk that he could barely talk(or cuss) properly, he insisted that me and my mother go with him. After much argument and possibly some violence(can't remember that well) He left me and my mother at home and went speeding of into the night. As luck would have it, he drove straight of a relatively high bridge and into a shallow river, The front of the car was surprisingly intact but the back where me and my mother would have been sitting was smashed completely and he walked out completely unharmed except for a few injuries and some glass stuck in his head. After that incident, that bridge has been closed and has stayed closed ever since.

Your mother is very smart for not going with him. I hate drunks so much.

• 1 month later...

I've almost killed myself by accident so many times I could write a book. Working on my truck when I was 17 the truck fell off the jack and missed my head by about 2 inches. Tried to avoid a squirrel on my bike and flipped over the handlebars and hit the concrete head first. Shot in the head with a wrist rocket. Pushed off a porch and landed on my head. I suspect I may have a little dain bramage but the voices in my head get drowned out by the ringing sound so its probably for the best. Its difficult to comprehend how insane some people can be. Especially when your insane.