Any suggestions ?

Manifesto

Umm... How come they have to be 50+ episodes? The best ones are usually kept below that number. Aside from that, the best action anime that I've seen are as follows: Darker than Black (Both Seasons), Claymore, Elfen Lied (Most of the series is pretty actiony, but it doesn't revolve around it), High School of the Dead (One of my favorites, though it's only out in subtitles at the moment...), Ghost in the Shell (The Matrix was based off this, it's really good...), Gantz, and Soul Eater. These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head...

Also, the only one that's 50+ episodes is Soul Eater, though I don't think that should distinguish if the others are worth watching or not. Anyway, I suggest you give all the above shows a try and see if any of them catch you attention... ^-^

eureka 7, gundam seed, rurouni kenshin, code geass (together seasons 1 + 2 = 50 episodes), same for gundam 00 also... that's all i can think of right now.

and i would just say the 24-26 episode series' tend to have the best balance of telling a whole story but not overdoing it on filler episodes. just my opion though.