Spiras Destiny ftw

SpirasD

I was taking a look through the way back machine "archives" site at some of the old ff community sites and i stumbled upon koby's post on how the many older sites had vanised. And the strange thing is, before reading that i was thinking how the new sites suck ass majorly "and theres not even many new sites". The constant layout changes and battle for who got the latest news first or had "5000 FFX images" lol and even who hadthe most popular forum, the arguments between HHN and FM and just the ammount of sites tht were actually being worked on daily just isn't the same nowadays, the community feel has gone and long died, only FFXIVCORE comes to mind, and even that is just a site under the curse network.

i dont even manage to get online anymore, but i do plan to try and restart something in this field of website, or maybe a general gaming site. But i'll probably always miss those 95 person msn convos and close community feel it had back then, which to me was cool as i was spending whatever spare time i had designing and doing what i later realised would become my carreer, as a design publisher/web designer :)

anyways, RIP to those days, who knows maybe they aint fully dead yet :P

Edit: aside from spiras destiny, i did actually have a brief go at restarting it all with www.ffspira.net back in june 2009 and i had some pretty awesome ideas and stuff working on there, managed to get uffsite and ffshrine to affiliate with me along with my older affliates ffinsider, ff-xiii and khu, so it couldve hopefully got some interest back into it all and new people and maybe the old started to make sites again.

Are you.... Dan?

The arguments between HHN and FM is something I certainly do not miss. I still haven't really ever figured out why they even existed in the first place.

I agree though it was fun back then with all the sites and as you said layout competitions and battling for the news first. Now days they all just copy/paste news from other fansites with no source link to the original poster... which I don't think is right. The only sites really booming are those who only gained popularity through their domain names because of the hype on FF13 before it's release, then it turned out so horrible.

It's not just that the FF community of fansites has pretty much died.. but I think the FF gaming series itself has died and lost the type of fans that once held it so dear. I've personally found lots of rpg's not named Final Fantasy that were better than the last three FF's (being FFX-2, FFXII, and FFXIII).

yeah, 13 for me wasnt worth the 4-5 years wait of complete hype and thinking it'd be amazing lol. Only the music and graphics lived up to expectation.

And yeah im dan lol, aka Nitro whatever you wanna call me. I noticed FFworld had some updates from fffreak but nothing major. These days i think bioware make the best rpg's, mass effect and dragon age etc. One final glimmer of hope for me from square, will be kingdom hearts 3 and maybe versus xiii.... and ofcourse ff 14 looks good :)

yeah, 13 for me wasnt worth the 4-5 years wait of complete hype and thinking it'd be amazing lol. Only the music and graphics lived up to expectation.

And yeah im dan lol, aka Nitro whatever you wanna call me. I noticed FFworld had some updates from fffreak but nothing major. These days i think bioware make the best rpg's, mass effect and dragon age etc. One final glimmer of hope for me from square, will be kingdom hearts 3 and maybe versus xiii.... and ofcourse ff 14 looks good :)

Good to see you are alive and well then.

I haven't played Dragon Age but I've seen some friends play it, seems to be really sweet. I haven't seen anything about Mass Effect besides seeing it when browsing gaming stores or Amazon. To be honest though ever since FF13 and FFV13 was announced.. I actually had more hopes and hype for FFV13 then the main course. I'd really like to see KH3 as well, but I'm getting sick of just seeing all this portable/hand-held games for series I like. I no longer wish to buy 2-3 hand-helds and 2-3 consoles, just to play 1 series I like.

As for FF14, I don't care to pay monthly subscriptions for online rpgs. So I'll stick to Phantasy Star Online, FlyFF, and possibly Ragnarok Online, all of which are free to play. xD

yeah, the only portable id play is birth by sleep and dissidia "which is good", but you should try dragon age or mass effect two really good games, if you like sci fi then mass effect could easilly end up one of your fave games. And for f2p silkroad online was a laugh, aside from the botters and gold spammers lol