The Vladimir Putin Interview

Koby

Tucker interviews Vladimir Putin in Moscow, Russia. February 6th, 2024.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-vladimir-putin-interview/

Timestamp Headline

00:00:00  Introduction

00:02:00  Putin gives a history of Russia & Ukraine

00:25:04  NATO Expansion
00:30:40  NATO & Bill Clinton
00:41:10  Ukraine
00:48:30  What triggered this conflict?
01:02:37  A peaceful solution?
01:11:33  Who blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?
01:24:13  Re-establishing communication with the US
01:36:33  How powerful is Zelensky?
01:48:36  Elon Musk & AI
01:51:07  Imprisoned American journalist Evan Gershkovich
  • Like 2

I listened to the interview.  Being as it was over two hours, I don't remember every single little thing, but the interview struck me like "Holy shit!".  Tucker Carlson getting an interview with the Russian President....as if the Russian President even would have time for an interview.  And it's not just any Russian President.....but, the one and only, Vladimir Putin.  I have so many questions as to how that was possible, like what Tucker had to go through before being able to interview Putin.  I'm under the impression that Vladimir Putin is a pretty dangerous individual, so I'd think Russian government officials had to put tracking devices on Tucker, conduct rigorous (if not invasive?) security checks, or some crazy KGB shit.  I mean, let's be real here; Vladimir Putin is living the KGB dream.

The interview provides to us the Russian perspective of the ongoing Russo-Ukraine conflict.  As much as I think that conflict is a shit-show, I don't agree with the MSM going on about it like "Russia bad," "Russia bad," "teh RuZZian orcs," or any of that.  Us Westerners just don't know the history of those parts of the world.....nor do I, really, but I'd like to think I have a clue about things.  Being as this is Russia, I can always just pin their belligerence on vodka, but Russia is still a superpower, and thus they are entitled to some exceptionalism.  As such, though we recognize Ukraine to be its own republic, Russia has historical relations with Ukraine; Russia sees Ukraine as "outskirts".  Perhaps the reason Ukraine is such a big deal to us is because some of our politicians (including the Clintons, I think) got nestled into the country near the end of the Cold War....therefore, there are "business relations" of sorts that have been going on since then.  But Ukraine has also been a leading exporter of grain products (wheat?), so this conflict has had bad logistical implications.

I do think that there is something much bigger at play, though.  Per my understanding, Russia is asserting its independence from the current globalist agenda.  At this rate, though, Russia is backed into a corner.  If worse comes to worst, Russia will go down fighting, because they refuse to assimilate (which I respect).  But, if they go down fighting, they will use nuclear weapons, and that will fuck everything up on a global scale (at least politically).  But on the other hand, I speculate that Russian victory would signify them expanding; if left unchecked, it will result in a new Rossiyskaya Imperiya.....if not a "Soviet Union 2.0".  The geopolitical implications would entail a return to the OG Cold War, where America and Russia are rivals once again.  As much as I think this new generation of Americans could stand to experience this, so that it would provide a slap in the face for them and this country as a whole and encourage patriotism.....I do also think that it would be pretty nasty and terrifying, considering how social media runs our lives and how Russia could weaponize it even further....no need explaining Russia's growing arsenal of hypersonic weapons, either.

If Russia was expanding just so they could strengthen their defenses against a possible future invasion by China's PLA, that would be reasonable.  But I think that's one of those things in life where you can't have one without the other....or something.  Russia will defend against China, but they will also try shit with America.  That's just how the war-game do.

As for Tucker Carlson, I don't watch him that much.  I understand that everybody hates him because he's another conservative talking-head, and "all conservatives are Nazis" and all that bullshit.  Didn't he get fired from Fox News?  Now he's his own independent entity, but it looks like he's been able to survive well enough....and now he was able to interview Prezident Rossiyskoy Federatsii.  Like, whooa.  This is certainly one for the history books.

• 2 months later...

I was traveling when this happened, but I listened to the interview. A lot of it went as expected, but I respect the attempt. Even if Putin gave some BS answers here & there, it's better that we get to hear from our 'enemy' and get a shot at understanding him than complete silence. I don't trust our own media, so this gives me a chance to consume something from both sides & make up my own opinion. I'm not a fan of Joe Rogan, but I feel that Tucker's interview/podcast with him from a few days ago was better than the Putin one. Tucker is a likeable guy (to me).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zemekis said:

I was traveling when this happened, but I listened to the interview. A lot of it went as expected, but I respect the attempt. Even if Putin gave some BS answers here & there, it's better that we get to hear from our 'enemy' and get a shot at understanding him than complete silence. I don't trust our own media, so this gives me a chance to consume something from both sides & make up my own opinion. I'm not a fan of Joe Rogan, but I feel that Tucker's interview/podcast with him from a few days ago was better than the Putin one. Tucker is a likeable guy (to me).

Our media sucks.  But, Russian media should be taken with a grain of salt.  Russian media is state-run, and it's not wrong to assume that the Russian people believe everything their media tells them.

I do agree with your perspective, though.

18 minutes ago, Dave55811 said:

Russian media is state-run

As is ours. I'm not exactly pro-Russia, but I'm not anti-either. We're so similar in a lot of ways...I find it hard to believe that they're comically evil villains the way the media portrays them. I think they're more like our mirror-image/equivalent in Eurasia. The USA doesn't operate in a more virtuous way or take any methods off the table to win, nor does Russia. Again, not saying I'm on their side conflict-wise, just that I appreciate that we have at least one video with their leader getting to say his piece to convince us. If anyone feels that he makes a poor argument & justification for his actions, at least you can make an informed decision now.

Honestly I'm not anti-Russia nor pro-Russia. I just feel like the USA should stop trying to police the world and work on helping it's own citizens. I'm sick of all the money being funneled to Ukraine to "help"... and would rather Russia finish the war off rather than for the USA to keep funneling money that way. I don't think it's actually helping, it's just lining their pockets, and even if it was helping... it's not our responsibility to pay for it.

I don't generally watch Tucker and I never tune into Joe Rogan, but I did watch this entire interview and found it pretty interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zemekis said:

As is ours.

Well, it sure seems that way, but I think it's more a case of these private corporations (CNN, other MSM outlets, etc) being in bed with the government, or at least under Hillary's payroll.  There might be a bit of exceptionalism with how to describe our media, but they have certainly been noticed to present headlines that are similar to another MSM outlet's.  Needless to say, but there's definitely some incestuous shit.  I'm just nit-picky with how I define "state-run", and here in America, while our media certainly feels state-run, there's explanations and legalese details and what-not in order to define it as otherwise.

3 hours ago, Zemekis said:

I'm not exactly pro-Russia, but I'm not anti-either. We're so similar in a lot of ways...I find it hard to believe that they're comically evil villains the way the media portrays them. I think they're more like our mirror-image/equivalent in Eurasia. The USA doesn't operate in a more virtuous way or take any methods off the table to win, nor does Russia. Again, not saying I'm on their side conflict-wise, just that I appreciate that we have at least one video with their leader getting to say his piece to convince us. If anyone feels that he makes a poor argument & justification for his actions, at least you can make an informed decision now.

Exactly.  People think Russia is evil because of what the media tells them; it's all "Russia bad," "Russia bad," "Russia bad," as well as "the Russian orcs," and other stuff.  Lots of it is emotional bias, but speaking from some experience, there is certainly some fanaticism.  The fact is that we don't know everything about that region of the world; Russia and its southern region (Ukraine) share a history spanning over a millennium.  Perhaps my bias towards Ukraine being its own country would be because I was born into a time when Ukraine was its own country, and since it was 6 years before the end of the Cold War, there's been some Ukrainian nationalism going on (supposedly decades longer before I was born).....but I think, also, American political figureheads and families (Clintons, Bidens) were nestling into Ukraine for business-relations and other political activities, and so that's partly why the situation between Ukraine & Russia is something that matters over here in America.

Getting both sides of the story is important, because as you said, it helps you to come up with your own conclusions about these things.  Listening to the Russian perspective, whether it be Tucker's interview with Putin, or (better yet) even talking to Russian people on social media, can be helpful, especially if you're trying to be neutral about these things.  But as for how America operates in this conflict, well, it is what it is.  I'd rather it all just be black operations instead of us printing out money to send to Ukraine, but whatever.

Edited by Dave55811
Decided to say "printing" instead of "shelling" concerning the part with money to Ukraine. ^^;