Dungeon Encounters

Zemekis

PBQHDHQ.jpeg

Been playing this...I gave it a pass back at release due to the price & the way it looks. I can safely say now that I'm ~10 hours in that it's better than it looks, if you like RPG/ATB combat. The story is virtually non-existent, 2 paragraphs at most. It's pretty dry, rote dungeon crawling with little fanfare. Some mechanics are archaic and unforgiving...if a character gets petrified you need to leave them where they are until you cure them. Things like that.

Do any of you have experience with Dungeon Encounters?

I like rpgs and atb combat, but I also tend to play games for their story. So adding it all up: virtually non-existent story, moving on a game board, battles done with avatars, etc... It was just an easy pass for me at launch, especially at $30.

Looks like it's came down to around $11 or so on sales, but honestly first impressions, I wouldn't give it a chance unless it was like $5.

But you seemingly enjoying it gives me a little hope that it may be worth a little more than first appearances so perhaps someday I'll give it a real shot to change my mind when the price is good.