Trails In The Sky: SC

Zemekis

1 hour ago, Dave55811 said:

Joshua was so pretty. 🥰 Oops. 🫢

QaeyYzh.gif

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Yes, initially XSEED didn't manage to get the license for Japanese audio for CS1 & CS2, so the money they intended to spend on obtaining that, they instead spent voicing an additional 5,000 lines in English that weren't voiced at all in the Japanese audio. Then later they did actually manage to go ahead and license the Japanese audio and it was added to the re-releases and updated on PC. Which means now you can play all games with Japanese audio... but the English audio for those two games has more voiced lines than the Japanese audio

Is that how that went down? I recall them adding even more English voice acting after the PS3 release too. The PC release had more voice acting than the PS3 version released with. Are you telling me that the English version of CS I & II on PS3 have more voiced dialogue than the JP version? Still, for the sake of @Dave55811 knowing what to buy, he should just go for the PS4 re-releases of CS I & II from what I understand. I guess they have the Japanese voice tracks as well. I'll let him look into that. Some light Googling has given me conflicting answers as to whether the PS4 versions of CS I & II have Japanese as an option.

I thought the English dub was fine. In fact, it's all I know. Those characters speak English when I think of them in my head and I can still hear them...but on a repeat playthrough I would opt for Japanese & when I get around to CS III & IV I'll make the switch. They did well enough, but not so amazing that I'm deeply endeared to any of them like I am with some anime dubs I enjoyed as a kid. Outlaw Star & InuYasha will always be English-first for me 😅 Even if less lines are voiced, I'm okay with reading.

Spoiler

My wife hangs out with me sometimes when I play, and the Japanese VA helps her understand what's going on. I know we're getting really off-topic here, but I had a hell of a time helping her through FF8 & FF9, despite knowing the games like the back on my hand, not being able to read spell names reliably for junctioning or which Abilities I was equipping in FF9 made things tough when she got stuck. I can understand spoken Japanese to some extent but I suck ass at reading it.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:26 AM, Nekone said:

As somebody who's completed all 3 The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky games, the two games (chronologically speaking) that take place after those (Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure), AND the first two Trails of Cold Steel games...let me just say that there is SO much more to unravel, so much more going on that you've yet to discover. I'm on Cold Steel III already.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series starts off a whole series of events that will, one by one, unfold as-yet-undiscovered plots over the course of each subsequent arc after that. I highly encourage you to enjoy Trails in the Sky SC, enjoy the story, the gameplay, AND THE SOUNDTRACK (you better have the BGM volume up), because this franchise will have so much more to offer once you finish these first 3.

Oh don't worry @Nekone I've already told him this and I'm sure he's sick of hearing it. You sound a lot like me...
We're both on the same game, imagine that. Maybe I'll see you in the inevitable CSIII thread? I may have already said this, but I'm waiting for the III + IV double pack they're dropping soon.  Wtf it came out today??? I'm flying out to Japan on Tuesday (I probably won't be too active here until I'm back) so maybe I can pick up a copy while I'm there! Otherwise I'll save a few $ and get it used when I return.

Anyway, back to SC...

Where are you at now, Dave?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zemekis said:

QaeyYzh.gif

Hey.  Joshua is a handsome woman.  Put that fuckin' Kinsey Scale away.

20 minutes ago, Zemekis said:

Anyway, back to SC...
Where are you at now, Dave?

I think I'm about halfway through Ch.IV.  Just got finished unraveling info about the four victims, then reported to the guild, then went home, then went back to Rolent and buy some Dark Chocolate.  Currently at 168BP.  I think I need to talk to that Anton guy soon, too.  Speaking of which, I think I fulfilled that "Breakfast Safari" thing as of last night.  I got nothing out of it, but hey.

• Like 1