Game Awards 2023 Predictions

Zemekis

You might think that this is a thread to predict the actual 'awards', but I don't think many of us care about that. Maybe I'm only speaking for myself, but I watch for the new game announcements/trailers. The show usually sucks but there's always at least ONE thing I'm into and that's what keeps me watching. The show goes live in under half an hour, so this is my own little thread to record predictions with a timestamp. I should have done this earlier, but I only just joined today.

No matter how unlikely they are, here are my hopes:
MegaMan Legends 3
Final Fantasy Tactics remake
Final Fantasy VIII or IX remake
Shenmue 4
Dark Cloud 3
original .hack tetralogy re-release
Xenosaga I, II, III remaster

Realistic expectations:
Something DOOM or Quake related
FF VII Remake Part 2 trailer
they jam The Last of Us into the show somehow
something regarding Bill Clinton
Baldur's Gate 3 wins every award

No time to write more, I've got to go queue up the stream! I'm watching with a few friends so I need to run.

I would love a XenoSaga remaster, but that has been confirmed at this point to be something of an impossibility. It was brought up and actually considered a few years ago and the powers that be rejected the idea. Personally I don't have much interest in the XenoBlade series, but I absolutely LOVE XenoSaga.

I am hoping we get more news on the Dragon Quest 3 Remake. As well as official confirmation on Tactics and 9 Remakes.

14 hours ago, Koby said:

I would love a XenoSaga remaster, but that has been confirmed at this point to be something of an impossibility. It was brought up and actually considered a few years ago and the powers that be rejected the idea.

I remember this. There was even a Twitter campaign of some sort (retweets or something like that) to gauge interest. I participated in the push for that, but it was something like 1/10th of the engagement the higher-ups were looking for. It was brought up again later down the line by another person tangentially related to the original releases, and I think he got chewed out for getting people's hopes up.

Looks like 3 of my realistic predictions were correct. I was being facetious about BG3 winning "every" award, but it certainly did clean house. Got the FFVIIR2 trailer, that was nice. The Gold Saucer is looking good, in my opinion. The Last of Us was jammed in as well. I am interested in Visions of Mana. I would be excited for the Persona 3 remake, but from what I saw it didn't look like they were using Evokers? If the game has been sanitized, then I don't need it.

It's time to reset the clocks and wait for June-ish for new announcements. I would say E3...but...you know.