Play Collection of SaGa on Steam and Mobile this Fall

Koby

Nostalgic for more epic, old-school JRPG goodness on your phone or PC? Well, you’re in luck! Square Enix is bringing Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend to iOS and Android on September 22nd, and PC via Steam on October 21st. Check out this classic collection’s fresh new announcement trailer!

Collection of SaGa consists of ports — not remasters — of Final Fantasy Legend I, II, and III, the first three games in the popular SaGa series. Like last year’s Switch repackaging of these classics, Collection of SaGa for PC and mobile will come bearing bells and whistles to make these games more accessible to modern audiences: a character speed boost feature, adjustable screen magnification, new music, art, and wallpapers, and the option to play with Japanese or English text in-game. Collection of SaGa will also boast 4K compatibility on Steam and easy single-handed play on mobile.

If you haven’t experienced the SaGa series’s roots, you owe it to yourself to give Collection of SaGa a look.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if I've ever touched a SaGa game aside from Unlimited SaGa which I hated. I've heard that entry was pretty much universally panned. Does anyone here know if the earlier stuff (late 80's - Early 90's) is worth checking out?

1 hour ago, Zemekis said:

I don't know if I've ever touched a SaGa game aside from Unlimited SaGa which I hated. I've heard that entry was pretty much universally panned. Does anyone here know if the earlier stuff (late 80's - Early 90's) is worth checking out?

Same. I played Unlimited or whichever was on PS2 and disliked it. Never played any others I think... But the 3D remakes of 2 & 3 on the 3DS actually look like they might be good. Unfortunately they only brought this original collection version of them to PC instead of those remakes.