Which video game genre(s)?

→Speed←

What video game genre(s)?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What video game genre(s)?

This is a thread I have decided to make where people can discuss what video game genre they like the most and why they do. In hopes of bringing more of the people here together with something that so many people enjoy I will use the information I recieve from this poll and post "accordingly".

Please, if you use this poll make a post with what you clicked on(genre wise) and give at least 1 reason why you chose each genre. Thank you and have fun :D

i forgot to vote for myself lol

anyway i chose shooter because it is the most "adrenalin rush" genre I have ever played and it is always better with people you know and are friends with or could be friends with very easily.

My second choice is action adventure because they always have alot more "depth" as in longer story lines, more things to do rather than just plan out when to shoot and when to hide or run to avoid death in a shooter lol and basically have a longer "fun factor" sometimes.

My 3rd and final choice for this poll is the strategy genre mostly because of the base building aspects, gaining resources then spending them to get an army to pwn with or build your defenses, and the joy of kicking an enemies bum after he or she almost pwned you. rofl but the major downside to this genre is such little player interaction. All you can usually do is chat with people, you cant even team with them most times.

Action Adventure because running around trying to get something accomplished while fighting off what feels like half the town can be great fun at times.

RPG because of length of play, ability to play through multiple times differently, often supports entirely different class progression choices that allow one to tailor characters for completely different specializations, leading to each play through being more varied.

RPGs because of the stat building, new skills, and just overall great time you have on your adventure. Action games are great, but when done poorly can get repetitive to the point of mashing the single attack button.

What about Fighting games though? Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Caliber, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, c'mon!

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order I choose shooter, rpg, and action adventure.

Shooter and action adventure because while different genres their both usually fast paced, and straight to the point (in an action sense). Basically their just great to play when thats really all you want to do, play.

RPG are great though for when you want to get really in depth with the characters and story.