Bravely Default Producer Keen To Continue Series

Koby

Last week, Square Enix revealed its Switch release Bravely Default II had sold around 950,000 units worldwide. It's on track to surpass the sales of the original 3DS release - which sold just over a million units in its lifetime. Naturally, it's raised questions about the future of the series.

3FAO4Gk.jpg

The good news is Team Asano hopes to continue to the series and is already in the planning phases for the next entry. Here's what the producer Tomoyo Asano had to say in the latest issue of Famitsu:

“Bravely Default II was well-received by fans and as a result, we’re hoping to continue the series as we feel we can pull it off once again. With that said, we’re still in the planning phase, and I suspect development will take another 3-4 years, so we’d appreciate if fans could bear with us.”

Asano was previously asked about the future of the series in April last year. At the time, he said he had a concept in mind and mentioned how it could even be a smartphone release:

"I do have a concept for it. I haven’t nailed down the particulars intentionally, so it could even be a smartphone game. Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to make it in the future if fans support the series."

Are you eager to see more entries in the Bravely Default series? Did you play BDII? Leave a comment down below.

• Like 3

• Koby changed the title to Bravely Default Producer Keen To Continue Series
19 hours ago, Kid Boruto said:

They should focus first on remastering or remaking the first two games, Switch versions would be awesome.

- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS)
- Bravely Default: Where The Fairy Flies (3DS)
- Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)
- Bravely Default: Praying Brage (Browser)
- Bravely Archive: D's Report (Mobile)
- Bravely Default II (Switch/PC)

I'm not sure how good the Browser and Mobile games are or if there is any merit in them, but I'd also love for FFT4HoL which started the Bravely Default spin-off of FF to also be remastered alongside the first two Bravely games.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Was the Bravely Default team behind Various Daylife?

Yes, Various Daylife was developed by DokiDoki Groove Works and key staff in charge of developing the Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler games.