Hallo

lbernesi

Haven't done a formal introduction before, so this may be fun...

• How did you find Kametsu? I have amassed a number of Kametsu releases over the years, and now that I have upgraded the home server capacity, I want to go back and flesh out my media libraries for myself and my family. Ok to be honest, it's mostly for me, haha!
  • What do you think of the place so far? I've always been a little wary of internet forums (comments sections on major sites can be scary), but I'm liking this forum so far.
  • How active are you planning on being? Not really sure how much I can actually contribute, but I'll be visiting on the regular.
  • What are your top five anime? Tough one, so I'll just say what comes to mind. My very first anime was Castle in the Sky, and it was a VHS copy that I watched repeatedly until it wore out. I then watched Cardcaptor Sakura and Evangelion at around the same time, so I'm sure that didn't affect me long term in any way... Fell in love with Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (but not so much Kids on the Slope and Carole & Tuesday, but I still enjoyed both of those). Ghost in the Shell everything...just watched SAC_2045 and once I got past the art design, I thought it was fun. Kaiba is a gem that I wholeheartedly recommend to those willing to try something different.
  • Top five video games? Not much of a gamer...sorry!
  • What other hobbies do you have? Hiking - I hope to do a lot more of that soon!
  • Make any graphics? How low are your standards?
  • Do you have any questions for us? Please keep this place alive and going for as long as possible! So many old anime and fansub websites I used to visit that are gone...

Sadly the Kametsu group was disbanded in January 2019 and we no longer link to or support such things.

As for the comment sections, I fully understand that view point. Lots of toxicity on the internet and the anime fandom as a whole as well. Luckily in Kametsu's case however we always maintained a nice team of moderators who maintained the peace and weeded out the toxic members. So the community was always extremely friendly which was one of the unique highlights of the community as a whole. Something you clearly don't see much of elsewhere. Unfortunate however is with the legal removal of projects and downloads, the community withered up and mostly died overnight.

Speaking of Evangelion, did you watch Netflix' new dub? If so what did you think of it and do you still prefer the old dub over it or vice-verse?

I'm still in the midst of watching SAC_2045 but other than some pretty laughably bad fight scenes (naked guy backflipping around), the show has been enjoyable in my opinion and I'm always down for more Ghost in the Shell.

Hiking is fun. Been wanting to take my daughter, but the place I wanted to go is mostly booked in terms of camping so waiting on reservations.

Kametsu has been around since 2004 in one way or another... so we'll try to keep it up. Even if it means shaking things up and eventually breathing new life into it. It's getting harder though as community forums as a whole seems to be dated with the arrival of things like Twitter, Reddit, Discord, etc... taking the forefront. Speaking of which, we have a Discord and IRC channel which we'd be happy to see you join as well.

• Like 1

Ah, I didn't set my notifications properly, so I didn't know you replied so quickly!

I only watched the Netflix episodes that had the most significant changes, and I have to say I still prefer the old dub. Maybe I'm too set in my ways, but my understanding of the characters and the show began with the old translations that I grew up with. Nowadays I watch subs because there was a period in my life where I watched anime with the volume waaaay low or silent, and now I'm used to it.

I'll check out the discord - thanks!