Greetings with bacon

Foxlight8837

Hello there. I am Foxlight8837. It's good to meet you all (those who will respond/read). Am I weeb? Maybe not, but I have friends who are. Maybe I'm an in-between, but then again, that's like talking about a "mild" terminal illness. I'm no doctor, but if it were a terminal illness, it certainly wouldn't be mild.

Regardless, my best greetings to fellow weebs and "in-betweens". If I'm ever allowed to join, know that my hobbies are plentiful and include sleeping, breathing, eating, watching animated fictional characters gasp at things every few minutes, and of course, reading and writing (what, were you expecting something?). I am also an amazing man-purse finder except for when it's mine.

As for other personal information--that is for me to know and for you to find out. There isn't much I can say that may interest more inclined members--since I'm a casual--but hopefully we can start off on the right foot.

This should be as good an introduction as any. I hope this can be the beginning of a good thing.

Edit: It took me exactly 40 minutes apparently to look at the pinned threads. The additional information is here:

• How did you find Kametsu? Through the nyaa torrent website.
  • What do you think of the place so far? Not too shabby I suppose. I don't really want to assume the position of judge when I haven't gotten the chance to know the site on a deeper level.
  • How active are you planning on being? Casually active if I were to put words to it. I can't make promises for the reasons I gave in my last response, but again, I hope this can be the beginning of a good thing.
  • What are your top five anime? Only 5? Ha. Well, to save myself from the scrutiny of the more "verbose" individuals out there, let's say I'm into whatever as long as it isn't outright appalling. Examples will be given when asked.
  • Top five video games? Not a gamer. I sort of never have the time or the resources.
  • What other hobbies do you have? I've mentioned those above quite well, I think.
  • Make any graphics? Nope.
  • Do you have any questions for us? "If a face could launch a thousand ships, then where am I to go? There's no one home but you. You're all that's left me too."

-Bread, "If"

Edited by Foxlight8837
  • Like 1

Hello, Foxlight8837.

You really went all out with the intro eh.

Honestly I'm not sure if I truly fall into the classification of weeb either. Sure I've ran community forums, gaming fansites, and even dabbled in anime fansubbing and video encoding. However I feel like I don't get obsessed with the aspects of these things like some people nor do they really affect my life. I'm not a collector, I don't want to marry a pillow, I'm not crazy about lolis, moes, tsunderes, yanderes, waifus, or things like that. I like my women to be real; and the people I associate offline aren't even into anime at all. So in a lot of ways, despite my position in the anime community, I feel like my actual life makes me more of a casual in a lot of ways.

Finding us through Nyaa now of all times really is something since it's been nearly 17 months since we've last did anything that would've been posted there. DMCA and all that, you know. To remain on the net and out of trouble we were forced into compliance. Since then Kametsu's activity as a community forum drastically died off. There is still a handful of people here, but the community sadly has mostly moved on. This is why it's especially great to see fresh faces, especially those such as yourself that are truly willing to put some thought and time into their posts.

Welcome to Kametsu!