Introduction

jj198812

Hello all,

I'm JJ. I'm 19 years old and from the United States. It is nice to meet you all.

How did you find Kametsu?

I've known about it for a little while, so I don't exactly remember how I learned about it. I think I saw it in some Google results.

What do you think of the place so far?

It's nice so far. It has a visually pleasing layout and clear guidelines, and it seems to have a friendly userbase.

How active are you planning on being?

It'll depend on how busy I am and how interested I am in the current anime season. The more anime I'm watching in a given season, the more active I will be. I am enrolled in school, so I won't be very active during finals. Summers are usually busy for me as well. I'd probably be on somewhere between 1-3 times per week, depending on the circumstances.

What are your top five anime?

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Serial Experiments Lain, Nodame Cantabile, Katanagatari, and Space Dandy, in no particular order.

Top five video games?

Also in no particular order: Imperishable Night (and Touhou in general), Ikaruga, Civ IV, Dead Space, and Okami.

What other hobbies do you have?

I listen to a lot of music. I have always considered myself to be a bigger nerd when it comes to music than anything else.  I enjoy watching sports, particularly basketball and baseball. I bike, hike, fish, and camp, but I can't do any of those between November and March because of the climate. I also read a fair amount, but not nearly as much as I did when I was in high school.

Make any graphics?

Nope. I have always been awful at visual art. I wish I could draw at the very least.

Do you have any questions for us?

Not at the moment. 😁

5 hours ago, jj198812 said:

Hello all,

I'm JJ. I'm 19 years old and from the United States. It is nice to meet you all.

I've known about it for a little while, so I don't exactly remember how I learned about it. I think I saw it in some Google results.

It's nice so far. It has a visually pleasing layout and clear guidelines, and it seems to have a friendly userbase.

It'll depend on how busy I am and how interested I am in the current anime season. The more anime I'm watching in a given season, the more active I will be. I am enrolled in school, so I won't be very active during finals. Summers are usually busy for me as well. I'd probably be on somewhere between 1-3 times per week, depending on the circumstances.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Serial Experiments Lain, Nodame Cantabile, Katanagatari, and Space Dandy, in no particular order.

Also in no particular order: Imperishable Night (and Touhou in general), Ikaruga, Civ IV, Dead Space, and Okami.

I listen to a lot of music. I have always considered myself to be a bigger nerd when it comes to music than anything else.  I enjoy watching sports, particularly basketball and baseball. I bike, hike, fish, and camp, but I can't do any of those between November and March because of the climate. I also read a fair amount, but not nearly as much as I did when I was in high school.

Nope. I have always been awful at visual art. I wish I could draw at the very least.

Not at the moment. 😁

Hello JJ. Welcome to Kametsu. I've seen a lot of anime, but surprisingly haven't seen any of the ones you listed as your favorites. =P Haven't played any of the games you listed either, although I did watch the Deadspace animated films.

Here, we can fish year-round, because it doesn't usually get that cold during winter.

Reading is fun, and I enjoy reading at bedtime to my daughter, but unfortunately we haven't had reading time in a while due to usually being so busy we're rushing to get to bed on time.

Hope you enjoy your stay!