Production I.G Adapts 'Shika no Ou' Novel Series as Anime Film

Koby

qKjLkRN.jpgPublishing company Kadokawa announced on Monday that Nahoko Uehashi's Shika no Ou (The Deer King) novel series is receiving an anime film adaptation. The film is being produced by animation studio Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Haikyuu!!).

Synopsis

The Lone Antlers, a band of death warriors, gave their lives to save their homeland from the empire of Zol. Van, their leader and the sole survivor, is enslaved in a salt mine. One night, savage dogs attack the mine, and soon after, a mysterious disease wipes out both the slaves and their keepers. Van, however, escapes with a little girl called Yuna. Meanwhile, Hohsalle, a gifted physician, searches for a cure for the disease that is spreading among the Zolian settlers. What path will these men choose to save their loved ones and the people of this land? (Source: Official website)

Kadokawa published the fantasy novel in two volumes in September 2014 and later reprinted the series in four volumes in June and July 2017. Commemorating the author's 30th anniversary, the company will ship the sequel novel, Shika no Ou: Minasoko no Hashi (The Deer King: Underwater Bridge), on Wednesday. The novel series has a cumulative 1.9 million copies of its volumes in print.

Shika no Ou won the Japan Booksellers' Award and the fourth Japan Medical Novel Award in 2015.

Special site: https://promo.kadokawa.co.jp/shikanoou/