Reccomend A SSD

Freeman-AP

Hi I just bought a new gaming desktop and I'm trying to add an SSD. I have tried to do some googleing but am still a little confused. Basically I'm trying to find the right size SSD before making a purchase. Also I would prefer an M.2 SSD, because I do not want to mess around with mounting anything. My motherboard is an Odense2-K

Here is a picture of the motherboard

c05511819.jpg

My expansion slot options are

One PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0)

One PCI Express x1 (Gen 3.0)

One M.2 socket 1, key A

I already have a 1TB HDD installed and I would like to keep it in there.

I'm looking to add a small SSD in there for boot purposes.

(the M.2 for the motherboad picuture says WLAN socket, So is that for wifi & bluetooth???? I don't want to remove anything thats wifi or bluetooth related)

Any helps appreciated thank you

If that is your board, it cannot support an M.2 SSD. You would need an expansion card that will allow you to install one.

This is assuming that is, indeed, the board. The desktop you posted should support it as it seems fairly modern but, that board in the picture only supports a WLAN wireless card, as you assumed.

That being the case, you'd need a 2.5" SSD. Samsung being your best bet if you want dependability and quality. As far as the size goes for either an M.2 NVMe or standard 2.5" SSD, you wouldn't need anything more than 250 GB for a boot drive. Anything more is unnecessary as it should primarily contain your OS and any other small program you'd like to leave off the mechanical drive, such as Steam, as they would be running in the background a lot.

• Like 1