Best suggested to connect to a computer

grantastic

If the TV has a USB port, the best would be to convert the videos to MP4 if they aren't in that format already and play them off of the external drives. If not, you need an HDMI cable, if the computer supports it for output or a streaming server that MAC supports

Just now, NeutralHatred said:

You'd need an adapter. I'm not sure which port it is, Mini Display Port or Thunderbolt but, you'd need one that converts it to HDMI.

I think it would be a Lightning Adapter, since Sony uses the mini display port. Apple devices use Lightning cables that I know of. I don't use any Apple devices, though, so I can't confirm.

Edited by ragnawind

3 minutes ago, ragnawind said:

If the TV has a USB port, the best would be to convert the videos to MP4 if they aren't in that format already and play them off of the external drives. If not, you need an HDMI cable, if the computer supports it for output or a streaming server that MAC supports

I think it would be a Lightning Adapter, since Sony uses the mini display port. Apple devices use Lightning cables that I know of. I don't use any Apple devices, though, so I can't confirm.

Lightning is for their iPads and iPhones. MacBooks with the Touch Bar use Type-C, which is what you may be confusing.

It is likely Mini Displayport that I'm thinking of. Thunderbolt is Apple's version of the USB 3.0.