Do you think there will be more streaming services after Disney launches it's service?

olympustenay

On 10/13/2017 at 4:50 AM, olympustenay said:

It seems like everyone is launching their own streaming service

Despite this being a 2017 post, somehow the situation is still exactly the same. I wish companies would stop hopping on the bandwagon because its dividing media up across tons of different services. I've never subscribed to a Hulu/Netflix/etc. In part because I disagree with a lot of the companies' politics & in part because I just don't watch much that's live-action. What little I do watch, I can find for free or even request through the library before paying for a service. I visited my Dad & younger sister recently. Dad has his TV delivered through the internet, which causes live tv to buffer and pixelate from time to time. It's also a smart TV so there are 20+ apps on there, and it takes like half an hour to figure out which service has the show he's looking for. It sucks, and if you subscribe to all those services it costs more than old school cable!

We've somehow passed the point where streaming added any utility or benefit over classic television, in my opinion. It's held down by the same issues that caused the increase in cord-cutting 10 years ago. No offense if any of you guys have a streaming service you enjoy. They're just not for me.