What is the best Anime around?

I would suggest the JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure series(The remake starting in 2011) if you haven't seen it. Just make sure to stick with it through the first 6 episodes. The anime starts off a bit slow but you are really rewarded for sticking with it, and the seasons following it just keep on getting better.

Have to agree with Inverti there's no such thing as best anime it's more so anime most suited to you. If I had to single it down to just one I'd say Akira even tho the original Berserk series is my fav but there's so much great anime it's such a disservice to it all to single it down to one single greatest anime take the shows/movies for what they are.

You sound like you simply want recommendations so I'd recommend Berserk (original 1997 series, Berserk The Golden Age III - The Advent, then the new series, if you watch the 97 series you can skip Berserk The Golden Age I and II you won't miss anything) One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Akira, Fullmetal Alchemist (people say Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is better I haven't seen it yet, they both tell similar stories but Brotherhood is more faithful to the manga you could go with either series). The whole Dragon Ball universe is sick af I'd start from the beginning but after Dragon Ball Z you can consider skipping GT and go to Super since some people feel GT doesn't hold up to typical Dragon Ball quality. As I mentioned before I think Akira's the best overall but as Inverti said that argument's highly subjective. Have to recommend Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon. And I'll end with one of my new favorites: Ben-To, fucking hilarious. Space Dandy and Mob Psycho 100 are still my favorite comedies but Ben-To has it all: hysterical/ultra cool concept, great characters, tons of action, great dubbing, even some fanservice if your into that kind of thing.

Edited by DabDeity710