Actors on Big Bang Theory getting greedy - should the show be cannceled

tbbttbbt

Big Bang Theory Actors are getting rather greedy as I hear and are no longer satisfied with 1 Million $ per episode. The quality of the show also wasn't to great in the midseason of the last season (10) Anybody got thoughts on this

I mean the show's still great and all and I still watch it but season 1-3 were just a whole lot better

43 minutes ago, Koby said:

I disagree because looking at actual facts, the three main actors/actresses took a paycut during this last contract negotiation just so their co-stars could get a pay-raise.

Yeah I heard that as well but I still think that the quality of their acting isn't getting better and they are still getting more money... okay you are definetly right that was a very generous thing to do :) but still... I believe 1 Million $ is a lot of money...

7 minutes ago, tbbttbbt said:

Yeah I heard that as well but I still think that the quality of their acting isn't getting better and they are still getting more money... okay you are definetly right that was a very generous thing to do :) but still... I believe 1 Million $ is a lot of money...

Not a single actor on the show is making $1m an episode anymore. Bernadette and Amy had been making $200k an episode. Contracts were up and those two wanted a pay raise for obvious reasons. But those in charge didn't want to pay the cast more, so the rest all took a $100k pay-cut each in the latest contract so that those two now will earn $500k each episode. While the rest will be making $900k an episode starting this next season. Everyone's contract was renewed for 2 seasons. So it's very possible that the next 2 seasons will end up being the last.

Sure it sounds like a lot of money, but this is the biggest most watched comedy on TV, and definitely the biggest money maker.

Lets not forget that Charlie Sheen use to make $1.8m per episode on Two and a Half Men which is double what anyone on TTBT is making.

Wikipedia has a pretty detailed article on how much actors make on TV shows here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_American_television_stars

This Fall they have a spin-off titled "Young Sheldon" premiering, but it looks like it'll be crap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Not a single actor on the show is making $1m an episode anymore. Bernadette and Amy had been making $200k an episode. Contracts were up and those two wanted a pay raise for obvious reasons. But those in charge didn't want to pay the cast more, so the rest all took a $100k pay-cut each in the latest contract so that those two now will earn $500k each episode. While the rest will be making $900k an episode starting this next season. Everyone's contract was renewed for 2 seasons. So it's very possible that the next 2 seasons will end up being the last.

Sure it sounds like a lot of money, but this is the biggest most watched comedy on TV, and definitely the biggest money maker.

Lets not forget that Charlie Sheen use to make $1.8m per episode on Two and a Half Men which is double what anyone on TTBT is making.

This Fall they have a spin-off titled "Young Sheldon" premiering, but it looks like it'll be crap.

Okay I give in your right maybe what I heard wasn't true haha

1 hour ago, Koby said:

I think that could be an interesting show but maybe you're right too. I guess we'll have to wait and see