Samurai Jack (Season 5)

TheOneWhoSees

5 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

I'm sure a lot of us feel that way, but maybe it was Adult Swim that told Genndy that Season 5 can only have 10 episodes, and it was a take it or leave it situation. I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing it went down someway like that.

At least, there's closure. And I was getting really bored by all the encounters with bounty hunters & Aku's demonic minions in the previous seasons. Season 5 otherwise has a clear direction in its plotline which made me excited for each next episode.

• Like 1

Just now, hujan86 said:

At least, there's closure. And I was getting really bored by all the encounters with bounty hunters & Aku's demonic minions in the previous seasons. Season 5 otherwise has a clear direction in its plotline which made me excited for each next episode.

I totally agree. If anything it would've made more sense to have the seemingly pointless encounters in season 5 to support the "50 years of tortue" plot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noob447 said:

I remember during the Q&A he did with his wife on the premiere he said some things that hinted (to me anyway) that Cartoon Network was unsure about a big enough following from back in the day to justify a longer season to finish the story finally.

Spoiler alert:

Reveal hidden contents

All in all, I thought it served to drive home Jack's intense desire to finish things. Regardless if they were being rushed to finish it in 10 episodes, Jack had been waiting 50+ years to finish it. He already knows his sword is stronger and capable of killing Aku so they didn't need to drag out the fight. Imagine being mentally and physically tortured for 50 years and finally (and very suddenly) being thrown back to finally end all of it? You wouldn't want to mess around.

There was a movie premiere in California for the first three episodes, there was a q&a where he stated that he asked for ten episodes. He probably could have gotten more had he asked for more. I guess he thought ten was enough or maybe there was a time crunch for his next project. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dakisha said:

There was a movie premiere in California for the first three episodes, there was a q&a where he stated that he asked for ten episodes. He probably could have gotten more had he asked for more. I guess he thought ten was enough or maybe there was a time crunch for his next project. 

Wow that's weird he would only ask for 10. Not that I would want a story with unnecessary filler but man they could've packed a lot more development and instilled more emotional value in Ashi and Jack. 

Edited by noob447
Don't post from your phone...#fuckautocorrect
  • Like 1