Highschool DxD Question

sora13

How much does the anime cover the light novels?,Does it cover everything?,or does it leave some parts from the novels out?Im just starting to watch it so I'm curious as to how much all three shows cover the light novels,Since all three seasons has 12 Episodes each.

Edited by sora13

Technically, the three seasons up till DxD Born have covered 6-7 LNs. BUT the thing is, they changed the whole LN events placement in Born and basically skipped the main events of the 5th LN, the battle with the Sitri peerage. They also changed the whole plot of the 7th LN too. Not giving any spoilers but its a pretty awesome part of DxD's plot as a whole. I recommend you watch the first two seasons and start reading the LNs from Volume 5 on wards, that's what I did, 3 years ago (Note to self- :o )

Tbh, DxD Born felt poorly planned and kinda disappointing, if you've read the Light Novels.

1st season--> LN 1,2

2nd Season--> LN 3,4

3rd Season--> LN 5-6-7

Edited by raystriker

On September 7, 2016 at 1:32 AM, raystriker said:

Technically, the three seasons up till DxD Born have covered 6-7 LNs. BUT the thing is, they changed the whole LN events placement in Born and basically skipped the main events of the 5th LN, the battle with the Sitri peerage. They also changed the whole plot of the 7th LN too. Not giving any spoilers but its a pretty awesome part of DxD's plot as a whole. I recommend you watch the first two seasons and start reading the LNs from Volume 5 on wards, that's what I did, 3 years ago (Note to self- :o )

Tbh, DxD Born felt poorly planned and kinda disappointing, if you've read the Light Novels.

1st season--> LN 1,2

2nd Season--> LN 3,4

3rd Season--> LN 5-6-7

Okay I see,I didn't know Born skipped the 5 and changed the plot of the 7th LN that Sucks,But still I'm going to take my chances and watch it(When I get to season 3)to see how it is,Cause the previews that Funimation puts on their YouTube channel makes it more convincing to watch,and did they at least cover the 6th LN in some way?

and I don't have the LNs to DxD,Might consider on getting them though.

Edited by sora13

9 hours ago, sora13 said:

Okay I see,I didn't know Born skipped the 5 and changed the plot of the 7th LN that Sucks,But still I'm going to take my chances and watch it(When I get to season 3)to see how it is,Cause the previews that Funimation puts on their YouTube channel makes it more convincing to watch,and did they at least cover the 6th LN in some way?

and I don't have the LNs to DxD,Might consider on getting them though.

Yeah you can watch it anyway. Out of LN Volumes 5,6,7, DxD Born actually features the 6th LN volume the most.

You can read the LN's here-https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD