Renting From iTunes Question

animeforever

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I am looking to downloading a movie in 1080p from itunes.

I have no problem downloading from itunes or anything, I've done it plently of times with music but not with movies and I hear that you can download the rental and remove something to allow you to keep it forever, saving purchasing it at full value!

Is this correct?

If this is correct, do I have access to the M4V file like I do when I make a purchase with music?

What I mean is, when I download music, it goes onto my hard drive as a physical M4V file which I can do what I want with, does the same thing happen with a rented movie or does it all happen inside itunes?

What I would like to be able to do is to be able to play the movie on my TV the same way I watch all my downloads, by copying the downloaded file to my laptop which is connected to my TV via HDMI.

Hope that made sense!

If someone could please help me out, that would be amazing ^.^

1. What version of iTunes do you have?

2. What is the movie you'd like to rent? Is it available in the Canadian store? The given trick with unlocking rentals only works with a particular version of iTunes and on the Canadian store.

Edited by Arian

6 minutes ago, animeforever said:

Oh really!!?? Are you sure??? I don't mind paying the fee!!

I was planning on purchasing it anyway, I just learned of this potential rental hack which is why I asked.

Do you have this unlocking software then, or were you just going to purchase it at full cost because you honestly don't have too!!!

No, really. I don't mind. I can share it on the forum with others who may want the movie anyway.