It's different

Hicks

Keep up with the times or be forgotten in the past. To be forgotten is worse than death. Two very nice quotes in my opinion, lol.

We'll eventually have a similar theme as we once did once Ehren releases the newer version of Brave; however I am also working on another theme myself that doesn't have transparency or this 'waifu' stuff you speak of.

Did you ever watch Attack on Titan?

As for the editor, unfortunately no. We don't even utilize bb code anymore either. We now use a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor known as CKEditor which is hosted by a host of software platforms these days so at some point it'll be more the norm to see. BB code is quickly becoming a thing of the past. It is not possible for us to revert even if we wanted to.

• Like 1

Keep up with the times or be forgotten in the past. To be forgotten is worse than death. Two very nice quotes in my opinion, lol.

"Life was one long campaign, where every victory merely leaves the ground free for another battle."

"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."

Quotes unrelated.  :D

Did you ever watch Attack on Titan?

Not yet.

As for the editor, unfortunately no. We don't even utilize bb code anymore either. We now use a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor known as CKEditor which is hosted by a host of software platforms these days so at some point it'll be more the norm to see. BB code is quickly becoming a thing of the past. It is not possible for us to revert even if we wanted to.

WYSIWYG is for noobs who don't know how to code. :confident:  Also, I always had trouble posting my reviews using the old software's WYSIWYG editor because it insisted on copying the font the original is written in from the Word file I was copy-pasting it from, as well as adding extra blank lines between paragraphs for reasons I never really understood.  Of course it's always been my experience that WYSIWYG editors tend to add junk coding, because it's written by a computer and computers are stupid.  ;)

14 minutes ago, Hicks said:

WYSIWYG is for noobs who don't know how to code. :confident:  Also, I always had trouble posting my reviews using the old software's WYSIWYG editor because it insisted on copying the font the original is written in from the Word file I was copy-pasting it from, as well as adding extra blank lines between paragraphs for reasons I never really understood.  Of course it's always been my experience that WYSIWYG editors tend to add junk coding, because it's written by a computer and computers are stupid.  ;)

The old editor technically wasn't a WYSIWYG; it was a hybrid bastard-child IPS made and it was buggy as crap.

As for copy/paste format issues: You should see a box that appears after pasting stuff asking if you wish to remove format now.

• Like 1

Cool.  I tried using the search function, but all that popped up was the anime review thread.

ETA:  Looks like it works.  Incidentally, a preview function might be handy.

And I still maintain that WYSIWYG is for noobs.  :confident:

Edited by Hicks

22 minutes ago, Hicks said:

Cool.  I tried using the search function, but all that popped up was the anime review thread.

ETA:  Looks like it works.  Incidentally, a preview function might be handy.

And I still maintain that WYSIWYG is for noobs.  :confident:

Previews were deemed pointless for WYSIWYG because what you see is what you get.

Also, I don't really see how an html based editor would be more for noobs than a bb code one.

• Like 1

Previews were deemed pointless for WYSIWYG because what you see is what you get.

Well, except for if you're a stubborn asshole like I am and insist on typing in the code instead of using the buttons in the editor.  Or, like, say, if you're copy-pasting from another source.  :D

Also, I don't really see how an html based editor would be more for noobs than a bb code one.

They're both for noobs, although admittedly UBB is a lot easier than HTML.  I've only used an HTML WYSIWYG editor willingly in order to convert scripts I've written for my Star Trek fan fiction into HTML for my website - so basically because I was lazy.  ;)  The other time I had to use it was to remake the website for the research company I was working for at the time because the university insisted on switching over to a new system with one called Omni Update.  So what really happened was I ended up giving their manual coding function a beta test since I insisted on using it.