Dual-Audio

Lemmy

The MPC-HC "Build Version" inside the CCCP pack is not the latest "public build" though :P.

So? It's perfectly fine. You'd be surprised how many people are incapable of installing it separately and making it work. Hell we got some idiots who refuse to leave VLC behind, so seriously. It's just less complicated for n00bs to tell em just to grab the CCCP pack. =P That and well I don't really care if it's the latest or not as long as it works, so I use the one bundled with CCCP too.

So? It's perfectly fine. You'd be surprised how many people are incapable of installing it separately and making it work. Hell we got some idiots who refuse to leave VLC behind, so seriously. It's just less complicated for n00bs to tell em just to grab the CCCP pack. =P That and well I don't really care if it's the latest or not as long as it works, so I use the one bundled with CCCP too.

I'm OCD about always having the latest version of something :D.

I'm OCD about always having the latest version of something :D.

Watch out about that then, cause usually the latest versions of shit are buggy as hell. For instance, every new FireFox main versions are buggy as hell, Java is horrible about this, Windows for instance is always buggy on new OS's, and practically anything else. Even stuff like vBulletin once they released v4 had to go and do a 200+ fixes on bugs. It's safer not not keep updated immediately and wait till a stable fixed release. Which is what CCCP does. They update the MPC within their pack whenever it's good enough to actually be updated and when there is updates for the codecs themselves as well that work as good or better than the last release.

Watch out about that then, cause usually the latest versions of shit are buggy as hell. For instance, every new FireFox main versions are buggy as hell, Java is horrible about this, Windows for instance is always buggy on new OS's, and practically anything else. Even stuff like vBulletin once they released v4 had to go and do a 200+ fixes on bugs. It's safer not not keep updated immediately and wait till a stable fixed release. Which is what CCCP does. They update the MPC within their pack whenever it's good enough to actually be updated and when there is updates for the codecs themselves as well that work as good or better than the last release.

I've never had problems with having the latest versions of firefox, cccp, etc.

I guess I must be lucky or sumthin.

I've never had problems with having the latest versions of firefox, cccp, etc.

I guess I must be lucky or sumthin.

FireFox 3.6 did nothing but crash when it first came out for tons of people, they quickly released a fix like a couple days later. I had to downgrade my Firefox to even use it, or use shitty IE because it simply would crash later, it was later discovered the latest Java update was a big cause of the crash, so both Java and Mozilla had to do updates to fix the problems with each. As for CCCP there was only one release one time I had to keep uninstalling and reinstalling because it would just randomly stop loading the subtitle renderer for soft-subs, other then that one version, never had any problems with it.