Uzumaki (Spiral) Manga Review.

ParasiteEve

Back Of The Book Quote

"Kurozu-cho, A small fogbound town on the coast of Japan, is cursed. According to Shuichi Saito, thw withdrawn boyfriend of Kirie Goshima, their town is haunted not by person but a pattern: Uzumaki, the spiral- the hypnotic secret shape of the world. It manifests itself in everything from seashells and whirlpools in water to the sprial marks on people's bodies, the insane obesessions of Shuichi's father and the voice from the cochlea in our inner ear. As madness spreads, the in habitants of Kurozu-cho pulled ever deeper into a whirlpools of no return!"

My Thoughts.

First off this is a great manga written by Junji Ito he also did the art for the manga.

What first got me into this 3 volume series was when I saw the movie Spiral afew years back on IFC ( I think ) after that I didn't think much of it then when I was shopping for Manga I spotted it I grab the first two vols. Anyway I was pulled in instanly the storyline is so odd you can't look away you have to keep reading just to see what happens next. People start turning into Spiral Snails, Hair that gets taken in by the Uzumaki, Cannabileism and much more. If you do decide to but this Manga I suggest buying all 3 volumes at once because it drove me nuts having to wait just another two weeks for the last volume that ends in a slight cliffhanger but hopefully thats means we will get another volume or spin-off of this great horror manga.

As for the movie based on this manga it is slighty low budget and has cheesy effects but still fun to watch, and takes place mid way thru volume 1 of the manga.

Published By Viz Media

Volumes 1-3 Rated Older Teen For Violence and distubing images.

Volume 2 has Mature Content.

Cost $9.99 USA and 11.99 Can

Manga is in right to left format (cause some aren't)

My Rateings

Art: 5 out of 5.

Artwork never seems to cheapen and does a great job of shocking you when it comes to the gory horror.

Story: 4 out of 5.

Has much as the story kept me on edge and had me hooked til the end I still wish there was more. Should have been at least a 6 volume series.

Price: 4 out of 5.

Same price as most Manga's at $9.99

Overall: 5 out of 5.

I highly reccomend this manga to those of you that love horror, crazy stories and manga that just makes you think of the simple things around you.