GFX layer-share thread

Kouhai

Hi guys, I've been meaning to make this topic for a while, but real life spirited me away before. Now that I'm back I want to try get the ball rolling again.

What is it?
So you all are probably wondering, 'what is this thread?'. Well, good question.
I want to start a thread where different gfx artist work together on a project together. They would take turns making layers, for example:

Layer 4 - Athena
Layer 3 - Apollo
Layer 2 - Koby
Layer 1 - Kouhai

Something like this, where you can't (honor system) touch a layer someone else was designated.

That's stupid. Why would we do that?

Hoho, you ask the most brutal questions.

Just for fun. Also we get to see how everyone works so we can help each other improve.
Also, we'll be working together. And if anime has taught me anything, it's that working in a group saves the world.

yes, we'll be saving the world!

Okay, it still sounds pretty stupid but how exactly will it work?
The actual system hasn't been thought out yet. But so far what I have in mind is that we all collectively work on a single psd. We will upload it to mega or 4shared or whatever, once we've finished our layer. The next person will pick up the psd, add in their layer and re-upload it.

Like that we'll continue passing it along until we finish.

We finish? This sounds like it could go on forever, or it would cause fights.
Hahaha, don't be silly, reader! We members of Kametsu would never fight!

But in case something does come up, I was thinking that no-cnc would be allowed for individual layers.
However, we will be allowed to give CnC for the /Final Product/ ONLY.
Also, I believe there should be a deadline to the psd. Whether it's set in layers (once we hit 35 layers we stop, or something like that), or in days (i.e. every friday the psd is finalized and we start a new project).

Okay, I understand. You're silly Kouhai, and shouldn't you be at work right now?
Yes, damn it. Don't remind me!

So, I would like to see if people are interested in this, as I would love to get the ball rolling and try it out.
Unfortunately I have work now, but I'll check the forums during my breaks.

But Kouhai, what if no one responds?
Well, my dear reader, people have busy lifes. You can't force them to do something they don't want to do!

This is only for fun, so I don't want anybody to feel forced or obliged to it.

I think they're just ignoring you! Probably because you're smelly!

I take frequent showers, I promise!

Final question, why didn't you call this a 'GFX collab thread', instead of awkwardly naming it 'GFX layer-share thread'?

That's becau-....

God damn it Kouhai!

Edited by Kouhai

• 3 weeks later...