Growth as a Human Race

Cynthia

HOLY CRAP!!! THAT'S A LOOOOONG POST!!!! not shade's, the one before him ;)

okay, how about we re-phrase this question.

how have we GROWN as a human race?

the answer, according to me is that we've shrunk down.

a LONG LONG time ago, back to the time when dinosaur poop was common as ... uh, normal poop and the human beings had brains the size of pinheads, everyone seemed to get along quite well, aside from the usual killings, fightings, deaths, etc.

a few thousand years later, we decided that one particular place was ours and no one else was allowed there, and, hence, everyone divided up.

call me naive, call me a simpleton, i don't really care. i think the world would be a better place if people came out of their sanctuaries, instead of hiding in there, desperately clinging to an identity.

This might be due to the fact that there are a few BILLION more of us than there was back then. These days humans need resources I.e coal, oil, food etc.

Its a simple case is supply and demand, one cannot match the other; fights ensue.

The problem I constantly see, is everyone on this forum AGREES, so it's difficult to hold a debate.

Disgusting, isnt it? People living in harmony. How dare they.

Haha :) In Cynthia's defense for this very strange thread he/she created, there is a lack of arguing/flaming going on here from what I can tell, though I do not see it as a problem.

Usually when you have 2 people who bitterly disagree with each other on everything, at least one is being close-minded and lacking in critical thought, and sometimes they both are. And that is not constructive debate.

Agreeing with each other is a bit saccharine, although I don't see any same-sex lovin' and people don't seem overly happy, so I don't think it's "gay" in any sense that I can think of. (Insert a smily here to indicate the appropriate level of levity I mean to convey.)

I do find that with debates here, in my opinion, people somehow seem loath to expand on their standpoints or actually try to understand and get others to expand on their standpoints. Or even play devil's advocate. Some things might simply be outside of people's purview (I have little interest in politics, so my presence in that kind of debate is mostly worthless). But with things that people do feel strongly about, I just see people making posts about their views without coming back to the discussion. Of course, I also see people posting without responding to any other posts made in the thread, so...

Additionally, I don't think that's anything wrong with everyone getting along well. Close-mindedness definitely does not make for a constructive debate, haha.