Wings of Justice

Chaper 1: The Beginning

He opened his eyes and looked out the window. It was an ordinary day, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. He got up to start his ordinary day like always. As he came down, something that came out of nowhere, forced him to sit down, like someone who had been gyming for 20 years was dragging him.

He felt heavy, it's as if a 2 ton boulder with strings was attatched to him. He couldn't move. For some reason though, his hand seemed to move on it's own, it reached with it's own mind to grab the life. He reached, for

the TV remote.

Today was saturday, meaning no school and just a 24 hour day of relaxation. Suddenly he heard a voice, it was faint but still clear enough to hear. The voice had seemed to call his name. The voice was getting louder and louder until......... his mother came down. "Shane! How many times do I have to call you?!" she said angrily. "Go to the store and get some bacon, I was thinking of making us some breakfast" she said so boldly.

Suddenly that 2 ton boulder which had supposedly wedged him to the seat, just dissappeared. He took the money and was off. He walked quite a distance to get there, but felt it would be good exercise.

While he was walking, a kid who was playing with his friends acting like the main man, was on the street picking up his tennis ball. In a flash, a truck from nowhere was speeding. The child was still in the way. Shane didn't have time to think and dashed foward, "Look Out!" he said as he sprinted as if he was running to win. Shane didn't have time to think and pushed the child out of the way.

The speeding truck was right at the edge, he didn't have time to move, he thought "Why didn't I pick the kid and jumped to safety". It was too late the truck was right there. Time slowed down, he thought he could now move and dodge the truck. However, he slowed down as well. All he could do was wait, it was a long wait. Then everything went pitch black.

He opened his eyes. "Where..... am........ I................"

Chapter 2: Welcome

Edited by LimitLess
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 2: Welcome

He opened his eyes and looked out the window. It was an ordinary day, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. He got up to start his ordinary day like always. As he came down, everything seemed normal. "It was just a dream" he thought. As he was about to sit down, he fell. Shane didn't know what to make of it. "Was it a hole, did it move?" he wondered.

It was none of the above. He was shocked to see his body inside the couch. He couldn't believe it. It wasn't a dream, he was not amongst the living anymore. However he kept telling himself, "This is a dream, this is a dream!".

He saw someone coming closer to him. His mom? His dad? His uncle? His hot Teacher? His Girlfriend............. "Wait a minute, I don't have a girlfriend", said Shane. It was somebody he had not seen before. He was hoping that the man would be able to see him. To Shane's surprise he did, only to tell Shane that he was not amongst the living himself.

He introduced himself as, Henry Kimoshint. Henry asked Shane, "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be in that place where all people who are not amongst the living go to". Shane did not understand. "All I could see was pitch black, then I woke up in my bedroom", explained Shane.

Henry was worried, "Why is this fellow not in the place where people who are not amongst the living normally go to". Just then he realized that Shane had been killed or murdered by someone. Henry asked him how he became part of those who are not amongst the living. Shane told him he was run over by a truck whilst trying to save a boy.

Henry explained details that affected Shane. "This can't be happening, I can't be not amongst the living. I have a home, a mom, a dad, a hot teacher, a good breakfast my mom was supposed to make for me".

Shane was horrified. However Henry smile and said, "Welcome to our world!"

Chapter 3: The road leading to.........

Edited by LimitLess

• 1 month later...

Chapter 3: The road leading to........

"Our world?" Shane thought. It took him 3 hours to calm down after hearing what Henry told him. "People who are killed remain in the living world whilst still being of those who are not amongst the living", explained Henry. "However, if they make their peace, they will return to the place where people not amongst the living go to. When someone is murdered, they cannot leave this world until they avenge themselves. Unfortunately, I am one of them", said Henry in a depressed tone.

Shane new that him being killed was an accident, despite the fact that he was burning with fury because his weekend is ruined. He decided that he would make his peace and go to that place. "Uhh...... how do I make my peace", asked a clueless Shane. "All you have to do is forgive the person who killed you."

"Alright! I've forgiven that bastard, now can I get all of this over with?" It's been 3 hours and nothing happened yet. "So, now that I've made my peace, shouldn't I be gone from here?" asked Shane. "Yes, the winged guardians should have arrived by now. I don't see them anywhere", Henry wondered. Just then, Henry realized what was going on, "My boy, that truck driver who ran you over did not kill you, he murdered you."

"No!" said Shane in a state of shock. "It can't be, it was an accident. All I did was a push a boy out of the way, and I got run over by a truck which was speeding. That couldn't have been a murderess intent!" Too his surprise Henry was right, he had been murdered by that truck driver. He couldn't believe it, that just couldn't have happened. "Now I'm gonna be stuck here forever?!" Shane scolded. He couldn't help but weep. Henry couldn't take it anymore, "Shane, listen. You'll have to avenge your death by bringing that trucker to justice. It's impossibe to do it in your current state since you're nothing but a dead person who can go through all material stuff. Take the road leading to..........."

Shane, who stopped weeping, asked, "Leading to where......"

Chapter 4: Truth