Recommendations on Anime to watch

vinnienfg

Hi,

I'm looking for some recommendations on anime series I should check out. So far I've seen (all dubbed in english)

Death note

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Darker Than Black

Ghost Hunt

High School of the Dead

I've also seen a few episodes of the following.

Persona 4

Rosario Vampire

Baccano!

Heaven's Memo Pad.

One Piece

I'm ideally looking for anything that has a detective feel to it, paranormal/ghosts or similar to Full Metal Alchemist. Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Edited by vinnienfg

Well, I'll just list some and hopefully a couple catch your eye. I'll also mention if it is sub only, since you seem to prefer dubs to subs.

Ghost in the Shell

Gosick (sub only)

Gankutsou

Baccano! (finish it, its pretty good)

Another

D Grey Man (only half subbed)

Mushishi

Shiki

Also anything that I rate 8 or higher on my MAL account is worthwhile.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Highschool DxD sounds interesting.

I do own both Ghost in the Shell films but never seen the series, so will have to check that out.

I don't mind subs, it's just living in England and having only ever watched Anime in dubbed form you kinda get used to it. I have watched 2 episodes of Pokemon: The Origin with subs on YouTube and it's pretty good, not missing too much on screen but the subs aren't great and sometimes change to spanish.

on a side note, I'm trying to add an Avatar to my profile but ever link I use I get a message saying User_Disabled or something along those lines. any ideas?

I do own both Ghost in the Shell films but never seen the series, so will have to check that out.

I don't mind subs, it's just living in England and having only ever watched Anime in dubbed form you kinda get used to it. I have watched 2 episodes of Pokemon: The Origin with subs on YouTube and it's pretty good, not missing too much on screen but the subs aren't great and sometimes change to spanish.

on a side note, I'm trying to add an Avatar to my profile but ever link I use I get a message saying User_Disabled or something along those lines. any ideas?

Ghost in the Shell series is better than the movies, also there is a new Ghost in the Shell OVA called Arise that is currently being made, first one is out.

As for your profile picture, you need 15 posts to change it. So soon you can change it, same time you get access to the downloads section and such.

Ghost in the Shell series is better than the movies, also there is a new Ghost in the Shell OVA called Arise that is currently being made, first one is out.

As for your profile picture, you need 15 posts to change it. So soon you can change it, same time you get access to the downloads section and such.

Cool, I liked the films a little hard to follow at times. I've just this minute started watching the first episode of Another. so far it seems very much up my street. is there only 1 season of this?

aahhhh... ok cool. Thanks for clearing that up :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...