"Who Does The Same? (Major Spoilers. Enter At Your Own Risk)"

AxelVIII

I like Anime, and that's a HUGE understatement folks. But somehow I keep picking an Anime where not far in, a "Main Character" dies.....Near the beginning, I say. For example:

Kamina dying in Gurren Laggan, Colio Tonies from Book of Bantorra, ect.

And to top it off, with most of it, there seems to be some romantic deal including these characters. 

I want to hear weather others do as I. And I want to here what you've done about it weather it be dealing with it, to dropping it. Vent it out anytime you do get irritated. 

(And I can't stress this enough, any info on an Anime, please use the spoiler box. Thank you.)

Deaths are a necessity for anime/manga for a lot of different reasons

More often than not it's more emotional and meaningful when a main character dies, so i agree with you.

With that being said a main character dying in the near beginning of a show can be a thing depending on how long the show goes for.

Do you dislike the fact that you keep picking those anime out? I can't say I've had that problem before, but for me, I choose my anime by studio/directors now. ( I used to do it by voice actors, when I found one I liked )
I find that when I search by genre it's a bit unreliable. And when I go for 'similar anime', I feel my choices are too restricted. So by going by studio/directors, I have an idea of what the anime I'm going into, but at the same time it's totally new to me.

Not sure if that would help what's happening to you though, just how I find my anime now. (besides getting recommendations)

I'm not the kind of person to know exactly what studio/director based choices will lead me where I want to go. And I agree, I don't care for the "Similar Anime" option either, too restricting. I usually go genre based. But that's just me.

And "A" Main character dying is okay with me, but "The" Main character is what gets me.