Type of Computer Science Courses Help

Xanders

Graduating from high school soon and looking through local colleges and interested in computers

Just 1 problem I can't tell the differnce between ICT, Information Technology, Information System Engineering, Engineering and Information technology, Computer Science, and Business Computing

I did some research into these courses their alll quite simiilar but still hard to pick out which one to go for

They will all have programming, just that each one will have different courses in your third and fourth years, plus your graduate project will have to be based on the theme. If you are undecided, then I would say to go for Computer Science since it will have the most detailed programming and it is the easiest course to switch from into a new computer course. Of course, take some prerequisites from other courses you are interested in as your electives if you want to try them out. Then you can see if you are actually interested in any of them.

Anyways, anything with information in the title is about storing and sending data. Engineering means you build the hardware as well as the software. Business means that you will take business courses. Computer science is pure computing and you get some more advanced algorithm stuff.