Another Newb here.

vidguy

Hi there. Found this forum, while looking for news on new dubbed Anime.

I'm from Canada and I'm a huge Anime fan.

In the last 4 years, I've probably watched every single dubbed anime, from the 80's to current.

Therein lies the problem for me at times. I "only" watch dubs.  Even bad ones, 'cause I get a laugh.

I don't do subs, because, well, If I want to read, I'll grab a manga.

Plus, English is my native language, so I prefer to hear things in English. (I find Male Japanese voices sound kind of annoying)

That's just me though, and I imagine it makes me unpopular with "True Anime Fans" That's cool, to each thier own.

I still consider myself an animie fan, and I think the fact I've watch'ed hundreds of series, supports that.

Things were pretty dead on the dub front for awhile, however I think it's turning around slowly, with Funimation/viz/Sentai all having new dubbed shows this year.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Edited by vidguy

Welcome to the forum, vidguy! I'm not a regular consumer of anime, much less a casual one, but I doubt anyone will give you any flack for preferring dubbed over subbed. Our community is, as far as I remember, pretty evenly split on the issue, so no worries, haha. You don't have to justify yourself to us.

Anyway, let us know if you have any questions or encounter any issues. Please enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you around!

Thank you for the welcome!

You've watched every dubbed anime from '80s-'13 !!? That's amazing! Do you have any voice actors that you prefer? - But yeah, there are a lot of people who watch dubs here, so you're not alone!

Anyway, here is the standard "don't forget to read the rules and FAQ", and finally, Welcome!

LOL.

I'm sure there's one or two that I've missed, but in all honeslty, I've watched at least 1 or 2 episodes of anime, almost every single day, since 2008!!

BTW, I'm over 30, I have a full time job, and STILL find time to watch anime.

Edited by vidguy