looking for sugestions on a new anime to watch

can anyone suggest a good anime that falls in the category of mystery, something like Death note, ergo proxy, can be english or subbed doesn't matter to me. I just like a good story, with good art, don't like the chibi style anime.

can anyone suggest a good anime that falls in the category of mystery, something like Death note, ergo proxy, can be english or subbed doesn't matter to me. I just like a good story, with good art, don't like the chibi style anime.

Here is some that fit the category you are wanting.

Elfen Lied, Darker than Black, Witch Hunter Robin, When they Cry, and Gantz.

Though When they Cry isn't actually "chibi" art.. it is a little childishly drawn although it's one of the gorier Anime and darker themes you can find.

I definitely second the Darker Than Black recommendation. Awesome story and art. You might try Baccano or Durarara too. Baccano's story is wonderful, and I haven't seen Durarara yet, but it's by the same people as Baccano and I've heard it's very good.

I'll look those up,

I've seen darker than black, gantz and elfen laid, like them all. Especially gantz, I check for the comic every week... if only it came out every week :(

never heard of "When they cry", and if I remember witch hunter robin had that art style I don't like, but I'll take another look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well..i can say that InuYasha, Darker than black, Code Geass, and Avatar:The last airbender are good, also, dont forget that there are a few movies of anime out there, take for example, Princess Mononoke, it has wonderfull story and graphics, but only 2 hours nd 13 mins, but just google "Studio Ghibli" (the creator of a lot of wonderfull anime movies) and search their list there. hope i helped =D

well..i can say that InuYasha, Darker than black, Code Geass, and Avatar:The last airbender are good, also, dont forget that there are a few movies of anime out there, take for example, Princess Mononoke, it has wonderfull story and graphics, but only 2 hours nd 13 mins, but just google "Studio Ghibli" (the creator of a lot of wonderfull anime movies) and search their list there. hope i helped =D

First off Inuyasha is neither there nor here and would not fit in his request anywhere.

Secondly, Avatar the Last Airbender is a CARTOON, not anime.

• 2 weeks later...