Searching for a program hard to explain

Xanders

As title mentioned, I don't even know whether this program existed or what's its called...

Is there a program that is able to scan a another program and then track or locate files that it created when installed or overwriting files that it created for itself like save files or settings log.

If my english is bad, feel free to correct me or you don't understand I could try to explain it more.

Sometimes when you uninstall a program, it leaves behind garbage on your computer despite telling you that the removal is "complete". It seems like a kind of housekeeping tool. I don't know if that's your intention for finding such a program, but that is what comes to mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, while I don't know if there is a program that does just that, a cursory Google search suggests that for future reference one the best things to do is keep a close eye on your registry. If you still have the installation EXE, you could also take a peek in there and see what's inside. Or at least I think you can--it sounds reasonable in my head, but I'm not the most tech savvy.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Yes like Emotional Outlet said, I uninstall programs oftenly testing out new ones

I keep wondering what kind of files they leave behind, even with an uninstaller program I can still find junk inside some parts of the computer

I guess the registry tracker will have to do.