StarCraft II Beta

HollowYoshi

So, I'm kinda new here, figured I'd post in the video game area to get myself acquainted with you guys. Unfortunately I didn't see any threads about StarCraft II!

:confuse:

So is anyone here in the StarCraft II Beta? If so...

How did you get in? (Were you randomly selected or did you pre-order?)

Specific likes/dislikes?

What league(s) are you placed in?

--

As for me, I pre-ordered from GameStop to get in. I don't like that compared to more recent strategy games, very little actual strategy is required to win.

Also, I'm in

1v1 Gold Division 172 (Rank 28)

2v2 Gold Division 69 (Rank 85)

2v2 Bronze Division 66 (Rank 66)

(last one is a 2v2 with my roommate, who sucks)

Im in the BETA its great, but alas I get my butt handed to me almost every game.

My strategy usually is rush for air superiority, with my mighty Battlecruisers and vikings.

Not a bad plan as Terrans, I usually play as Protoss. You probably hate people like me...

I always start off with a Zealot rush, if that fails my next move is to rush for Stalkers + researching "blink" so I can micro the hell out of them. Beyond that, Carriers + Mothership + Immortals = win.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately the new Starcraft looks not to be building on the advances in technology since the first one was released. The demo leaves a lot to be satisfied

You have to remember, Blizzard wanted to make it so anyone with a half-decent computer could play it, not just the hardcore PC crowd. IMO the graphics are fine because it has a pretty cool art style and it looks great overall.

Your statement is comparable to saying something like "anime is bad because it doesn't look realistic."

So yeah, it's not going to win any awards for graphics, but that's not really what StarCraft is about anyways, it's all about the fast paced RTS action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well terrain rocks the best thing abt them the produce units fast protoss is kind of slow but hav good units like dark templar and the damn battle ship and that 3 leg monster if ur terrain best thing is the infantry with loads of thiem with those healing ships and anti air units vehiches is the i forgot the name those walkers if u hav that u hav a chance to go agains the protoss and zergs :greedy: