Voter Fraud: WTH!?

shyguysteve

I think it's utter bullshit that both sides are guilty of. One side wants literally everyone to vote, but the other wants only the "right" people to vote. Those billboards in Wisconsin and Ohio were placed specifically in minority neighborhoods so that the people living there, who usually do vote Democratic, feel pressured to not vote because they don't want to get mixed in with voter fraud, and that simply isn't right.

Employers pressuring people to vote for their preferred candidate may not be illegal anymore, although I honestly can't see why it's not, but it's in very poor taste and might make a number of people afraid for their jobs, so they feel pressured to vote in the direction that their employers want them too. This is also fucked up beyond belief.

It just seems that there's too much cheating going on this year, particularly by the Republicans, because they're too afraid to play cleanly since they know that they're going to lose without using such underhanded and despicable tactics.

It's all very aggravating (as if people need yet another reason to be fearful at their places of employment), but it seems to be par the course, even as far back as the 1800s. One can only hope that tides will eventually shift and people would start caring more about the other branches of government, if only to sling mud a bit more in those directions. People talk about having open and honest debates, but as long as it continues to be advertised as "us" versus "them", I think most attempts eventually degrade. And I'm really annoyed with people who act like this is a problem unique to the United States or even to this generation.

One of the parts most frustrating to me is the cowing of former felons into not voting, hoping they won't try to stand up for themselves and know exactly what their rights are. And if the statistics are true, then returning the right to vote to certain former-felons is probably one of the better things that can be done.